1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Carplay bluetooth vs carplay

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by tunglinh174, Dec 25, 2021.

Tags:
  1. tunglinh174

tunglinh174 New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius Alpha
    Model:
    Excel
    Connect carplay by cable and bluetooth
    Which one is better. Can you advise me?

2. Wraiththe

Wraiththe Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    From what I know, the carplay is only offered with 2020 or newer models or aftermarket head units...

I am not sure which, but would like to volunteer

that I find the sound to be by far superior when using a USB Fob rather than my tablet via bluetooth as a source...

Bluetooth most likely converts it before playing it through. Huge difference if you have good ears.

I have seen conversion kits that offer only low resolution imaging. The complexities and costs I have seen so far make it unreasonable for me to do any mods towards autoplay... talking near $1K and up.

My opinion means nothing here because I stopped looking to mod my 2017...
    However, the idea of bluetooth is more appealing, but wired would be fine for me as long as I could use the head unit and not have to touch the phone for anything. Less RF is probably healthier anyway.

3. MIkeDr

MIkeDr Active Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius
    Model:
    XLE AWD-e
    I don’t understand the question. CarPlay is wired only on Prius unless you buy an adapter n