1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

CarPlay Coming to 2015 Toyota Models (maybe)

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by ggood, Mar 13, 2014.

1. ggood

ggood Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Toyota leaks its own CarPlay release date, briefly says feature coming to 2015 models | 9to5Mac
    feature coming to 2015 models

Toyota had a bit of a slip up this morning on its official UK blog. The company, which has long been announced by Apple as one of its partners working on CarPlay, today accidentally released its plans to release the feature in upcoming new vehicles. Before quickly removing the statement (we grabbed a screenshot, below) and replacing it with a denial of its own blog post, someone at Toyota gave the go ahead to announce CarPlay is “coming soon” in 2015 models.

also covered here: Toyota: Apple CarPlay, yes. When? Not saying, actually | The Car Tech blog - CNET Reviews

2. XMAN LIVE

XMAN LIVE "Just have Fun!"

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Unable to get link to work :-( above to work
    I did find demo of Apple CarPlay

ggood likes this.
  3. ROLOPR

ROLOPR Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    This week Apple release the news for the Carplay to be incorporated in 2014 by some brands, but probably Toyota will be joining later. Here's the link:

Apple - CarPlay

I'm know this is too early but let see which models Toyota will feature this, I hope Prius family is one of them. And since not everyone is apple lovers we know that this Carplay unit will be replaced (and that why I will looking for one of them je je to see if can match on the car).

Any comments...