1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Carplay2air

Discussion in 'Prime Audio, Electronics, and Infotainment' started by Wilgar, Jan 5, 2020.

1. Wilgar

Wilgar New Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Technology
    Anyone here tried this adapter to add wireless carplay to your (carplay enabled) prime? (google the title to find the site)

Their site is full of obviously false reviews but I read on several other car forums that it's working with the latest update.

I'm tempted.

2. bongoman

bongoman Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Technology
    Have tried it, steering wheel controls aren’t supported (for now at least) there’s a slight delay in audio streaming. Can’t seem to get Android Auto working on it with cable (reason I had bought it) instead it mirrors screen when an android device is plugged in. But it mostly works with iPhones.

3. Wilgar

Wilgar New Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Technology
    I can live with a small audio delay.

did you buy it from the site or from some other place (Amazon, Aliexpress, etc)?

4. N3rd

N3rd Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Be sure to read the RAV4 forum postings on that device. Some real unhappy users. I found them when Google searching it for myself. - s

5. bongoman

bongoman Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Technology
    Actually got the Carlinkit U2W-01-Plus (or U2W) (this and the CarPlay2Air seem to be the same product under different names) There's also a discussion on MacRumors about Carplay2Air et al. Had originally purchased it through AliExpress, and getting a second test unit through Amazon (waiting for delivery). If you contact them for support they usually ask what car model you have (via WhatsApp). There seems to be a language barrier though when contacting them because they haven't been much help so far. Just be prepared to do a lot of reading before flashing anything. I might have a unique use case since my primary phone is iPhone so typically have to pop in a sim when needing to update the software OTA (Wireless Carplay seems to use Wifi and Bluetooth). Once you upgrade it with USB there isn't a way of downgrading.

6. bongoman

bongoman Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Technology
    Yeah its definitely still a work in progress from my experience with it so far but the support for it is very much a work in progress on many fronts. They release an update for it almost daily and they're still ironing out bugs. It's fun to play around with but its not a "production level device" quite yet in my opinion.