1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Carrizo Plain (Photo Report)

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by sloflier, Apr 21, 2006.

1. sloflier

sloflier Junior Member

Thought I would share some photos from a fun trip my wife and I took to Carrizo Plain National Monument in California this afternoon.

Behind Prius Marie is the Carrizo Plain and San Andreas Fault. You can see the fault on the right side; it's that first range of small mountains.
    [​IMG]

Here is the main road (Soda Lake Road), 29 miles of the road is not paved, Prius Marie didn't seem to mind.
    [​IMG]

Here you can see more of Soda Lake Road and some Carrizo locals. The small dry lake is part of the San Andreas Fault; it’s called a Sag Pond and is caused by the fault splitting off in another direction.
    [​IMG]

Here is one of the locals and a few of her friends. She wanted to know what kind of mileage I was getting, I told her "just over 50mpg."
    [​IMG]

If you have the time, you should visit Carrizo. It's amazing during the spring, there are wild flowers everywhere and lots of wildlife. We saw many different species of birds, flowers, mammals and reptiles (even a snake). Though many of the roads are dirt the Prius did just fine and at no time did I feel that we were in any danger of getting stuck or damaging the car. The only thing I would do different is not wash the car the day before, doh!

2. ghostofjk

ghostofjk New Member

Very nice. Does your black-and-white friend track her MPG in that little notebook clipped to her ear?

(Or maybe her emissions.) :eek:

3. Salsawonder

Salsawonder New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Beautiful Background for the car!!

4. jbarnhart

jbarnhart New Member

Somebody spray painted you front license plate! That's really rude! :lol:

Loved your pics with your Canon PowerShot A60.

5. sloflier

sloflier Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jbarnhart @ Apr 21 2006, 11:38 PM) [snapback]243561[/snapback]</div>
    How could you tell it was an A60?

6. walt

walt New Member

Bel Air, MD, USA -=- Blair, Merlin, Merka
    Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(sloflier @ Apr 22 2006, 12:46 PM) [snapback]243660[/snapback]</div>
    from the exif data in the jpeg

7. Bill Lumbergh

Bill Lumbergh USAF Aircraft Maintainer

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Save that first pic.....it may be worthy of inclusion in the 2007 PriusChat Calendar.