1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Cars available in Oregon- Link here

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by winebuff, May 13, 2009.

1. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    FYI, your Prius IS Dog friendly . . . just ask Fred, last time he rode in the back, from So Cal to NW Montana and back.
    :p

[​IMG]

my lightweight wife rode back on the 2nd leg via Delta ... she'd had enough of the two of us.

2. winebuff

winebuff Proud owner of a 2010 Prius

Model:
    IV
    I am still keeping the new Prius vrginized from the dog as of now. He sheds but will break down soon.

3. CAR4TWO

CAR4TWO New Member

Model:
    III
    My sales rep told me that a fresh shipment of cars should be arriving or at the docks in Portland this week. What have you heard?

Dan

4. jbelectron

jbelectron Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Dan,

The Apollon Leader arrived in Portland on June 1st and Departed on June 2nd. There should be some cars showing up at dealers from that vessel.

On aother note, Several Oregon dealers received cars yesterday. I got a call from two Oregon dealers and ended up buying the car I wanted at our local dealer here in Bend.

Toyota of Bend also has a Prius V in Classin Silver with the advanced tech package that has been sitting on thier lot since last weekend - still not spoken for. I believe the MSRP on that car is $32,720.

Jim

5. winebuff

Model:
    IV
    ahhh, that is so cute. Ok, maybe I will let Max go for a ride :)

6. winebuff

Model:
    IV
    Yes, I got alot of calls also. One delaer said he had 24 coming. Should be fine now

7. CAR4TWO

CAR4TWO New Member

Model:
    III
    We received great news today. Del Curry our sales rep at Lithia Toyota of Medford called to say our car was on a ship steaming its way to Portland as we speak. He said he would know more Tuesday. We were pleased to hear it was the exact car we ordered too in Barcelona Red, Bisque inside with package 3 with Navigation and backup camera. We were beginning to think that we may not get our car in the color we wanted or that we would have to accept a solar roof or some other option not to our liking.

That friends and neighbors, made our day! A week from today, we could be driving a Prius.

Dan

8. lauren80ryan

lauren80ryan New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I got the call Tuesday also that my Blue package #3 with solar is on it's way!!!! :cheer2:
    Anyone know tentative dates?? My dealer just told me 2-3 weeks. But I want more SPECIFICS!!!:D 15th? 17th? 19th? I am going on a trip the weekend of the 20th AND the weekend of the 26th and hope to do so in my (price is right voice) BRAND NEW CAR!:p

9. LRKingII

LRKingII New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Next ship in port for our area is due on June 12th in Portland.
    Mines on it. :)
    Don't know name of ship yet.

1 person likes this.
  10. CAR4TWO

CAR4TWO New Member

Model:
    III
    Hi LR:

I'm just as anxious as you are and mine is on the same ship I think. My sales rep is to call me Tuesday to let me know when it might arrive at the dealership in Medford.

The ship is called Bellona and is vessel number 428. I tried to learn something about it on the Internet and could not find much of anything. What we need is a Pacific Northwest ship tracker of some kind.

The cars that are offloaded first arrive in a day or two of the ships arrival. The last cars to be offloaded can take up to a week to arrive at the dealer, I'm told.

11. LRKingII

LRKingII New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    See if this helps Live Ships Map - AIS - Vessel Traffic and Positions It shows the Bellona is a tanker :(

12. CAR4TWO

CAR4TWO New Member

Model:
    III
    My dealer sent me a Vehicle Inquiry Report dated 6/5/09 with my Model Number and description. Right under Engine Number it says Vessel Number 428 and under that Vessel Name: Bellona. Under Port PDS Complete: NO. Maybe our Bellona is still in Port loading.

Dan

13. fuzzy1

fuzzy1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Based on feedback from two dealers yesterday, I believe that both of mine are on it too. The first actually has a deposit on it. The second does not but another dealer is holding it in an attempt to wrest my business from the first dealer. However, his offer (same price, quicker delivery) is quite short of what is needed to make me disloyal.

14. lauren80ryan

lauren80ryan New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I'm just hoping to use my back-up #2 car as a bargain chip to get $500 off MSRP. I'd like to stay with local dealer but have to admit dealer #2 is getting me more info and updating me, whereas I have to call the local one to get any news. Hmm....

But they are on same ship and only 60 miles seperate them so I anticipate a call the same day from both. And if ship really arrives on Friday, I am HOPING to get a call that day and then again like Monday or Wednesday saying "COME and get it!!" :)

15. CAR4TWO

CAR4TWO New Member

Model:
    III
    It looks like it takes three weeks to a month from the build date to the dealers door. Lauren, we both should see our cars by Wednesday of next week. It depends on how they are offloaded at the dock.

I think I have come up with a slogan to put on my license plate frame. "Two Motors are better than one."

Dan

16. lauren80ryan

lauren80ryan New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I like it Dan!!!:D

I'm still trying to figure out if I want a custom plate or not. I've always wanted one and since I am getting my first 5 NEW car (never had one newer than 5 yrs old before) AND I will have it forever...do I splurge or not?!?! Here were my top license plate choices:

*50MPG*
    ME50MPG
    NVMYMPG
    LUVMYTP (toyota prius...or tp...hehe)
    XPECTMO

here's to both of us driving our new prius cars by FRIDAY 19th! :tea:

17. fuzzy1

fuzzy1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm back down to one car on the ship. Salesman #2, unable to offer anything better than faster delivery (which I think was being optimistic), finally gave up.

----
    Update: My car was on Apollon Leader, which has already left Portland. ETA ~7days.

18. CAR4TWO

CAR4TWO New Member

Model:
    III
    Buying your first brand new car Lauren is really cool. You picked the best car on the planet to buy too. I will tell you a couple of thing I did not know. One, you will almost never have to replace your brake pads. My sales rep said he looked at a Prius with over 100,000 miles and the brake pads looked almost new. Second, you can select B for brake or battery and to charge it even more going down hill. At the bottom of the hill, shift it back into D for drive.

Here is my smart tip of the day. The cost to drive your Prius per mile goes down every year you own it. The point is "Keep Your Car." It will take other automakers decades to catch up to where the Prius is today. I take such good care of our cars I would rather keep them than sell them. This new Prius will be our fourth car. I have two sports cars and will have two family cars and that should be enough for awhile.

In the future, all cars will use some form of electrical power.

Dan

19. CAR4TWO

CAR4TWO New Member

Model:
    III
    Hi Lauren:

I talked to my sales rep yesterday and he said there was no news on my car arriving this week or next. Our next chance at getting our car is with the Nippon Highway arriving in Portland on the 17th. If it is on that ship, our delivery date should be on the 22nd according to my dealer.

Have you heard any more from your dealer?

Dan

20. CAR4TWO

CAR4TWO New Member

Model:
    III
    Last seen :12.06.2009 19:02Destination:portlandETA:12.06.2009 12:00Course:57,4°

The Bellona is anchored in Portland and my Prius is on it. My Sales rep called today to tell me he should have it ready for me to pick up on the 19th my wifes birthday!!:mod:

There really is a cargo ship called Bellona.

Dan