1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Cars that should be crushed...

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by livelychick, Mar 22, 2007.

1. itsme

itsme New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mini2prius @ Mar 23 2007, 05:11 PM) [snapback]411188[/snapback]</div>

you gota love the pacer by amc all that glass to clean especiallyif you had kids then,,, and the gremlin was a good on gas car back then, a friend had a butt ugly orange/red color that would go anywhere and always start but is still ugly though. now I would like to have either one and convert to electric to go along with my vw fox ev

2. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mini2prius @ Mar 23 2007, 06:11 PM) [snapback]411188[/snapback]</div>
    Actually, that's why I think it's butt ugly. It's like a warped, twisted, wannabee Prius that went horribly, horribly wrong. The fact it is slightly similar makes it all the more ugly.

3. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I thought the Prius was ugly when I bought it. I accepted the ugliness because it was a hybrid and a liftback. Eventually it grew on me and I like the looks of it now. If AC Propulsion was doing its Scion xBox conversion in Washington state I'd probably have bought one, in spite of its ghastly ugliness, in order to have an EV.

4. tracysbeans

tracysbeans Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daniel @ Mar 23 2007, 06:39 PM) [snapback]411158[/snapback]</div>

Yes it does have more room since it can hold tall stuff too since it's an open bed. I haul lots of BIG stuff that can ONLY be haulled in a open truck bed. :)

5. subarutoo

subarutoo New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    My deceased step dad, was a retired sheriff, and drova big old white Crown Vic, until he died. My mom remarried, and my new step father had a big white Caprice, the GM equivalent, back in the day. The older the driver, the bigger the car, why is that?

6. larkinmj

larkinmj New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tripp @ Mar 22 2007, 10:27 PM) [snapback]410601[/snapback]</div>
    You convinced me that the proper answer to that poll was, "No, random comparison's to Nazi's and Hitler are funny" :)

7. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(subarutoo @ Mar 27 2007, 02:15 PM) [snapback]413154[/snapback]</div>
    My dad refered to his big cadillac as an "old man's car." It was very stable. Supposedly, big heavy cars are safer. It had a lot of features for forgetful people: headlights that shut themselves off, etc. It was very comfortable on an old person's bones. It was easy to get into and out of. It was very roomy.

Lots of things about a big luxury car appeal to old folks.

The last time I rode with my dad he was lane-drifting, and didn't even realize it. We came close to gently tapping the car in the next lane over -- at freeway speed. My sister and I convinced him to quit driving. He complained about the difficulties of transportation after that, but had the good sense to realize that he really was no longer competent to drive.

8. Prius Maximus

Prius Maximus Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(subarutoo @ Mar 27 2007, 04:15 PM) [snapback]413154[/snapback]</div>
    In the old days, only the old guys had saved enough money to afford a big car.

The Matrix is ugly. Why does the front bottom bumper look like Darth Vader's mouthpiece?