1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

CA's Govenator, Ahnold Schwarzenegger and CARB

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by hill, Jul 10, 2007.

1. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    The air resources board finds the Govener to NOT be green ... but rather hypocratical

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?...p;type=politics

This guy really bugs me on SOOO many levels. Buys hummers, then sells 'em when it's not in fashion. Now, with big business trying to win big buck hydrogen highway research funds, he seems hell bent to do an end run around CA's CO2 regs. I get a creepy feeling this guy gets big dough campaign sponsorship from every business set to loose from CO2 regulations (which as a collateral effect gets us off our crack / oil addiction) . Or is it just me?

2. Pinto Girl

Pinto Girl New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I can't believe that so many of us actually voted for him.

3. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Pinto Girl @ Jul 10 2007, 07:32 PM) [snapback]476483[/snapback]</div>
    I didn't. Twice.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hill @ Jul 10 2007, 07:28 PM) [snapback]476478[/snapback]</div>
    Uh...duh.

And no, it's not just you.

4. Marlin

Marlin New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hill @ Jul 10 2007, 08:28 PM) [snapback]476478[/snapback]</div>
    One of their complaints is that he lobbied for a grant for Tesla Motors. Oh horrors!!!! Schwarzenegger supports EV cars!!!!! Burn him!!!!!

5. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Marlin @ Jul 10 2007, 09:25 PM) [snapback]476509[/snapback]</div>
    Arnie lobying is a kind of play on words. Only lobbyists can lobby, in the strictest sense. Lobby is another word for pander IMO, but the panderers are actually lobbying the state legislators, anyway. In fact, the Gov. says he's "for" Tesla, and that doesn't mean he isn't wasting tax dollars on the hydrogen hoax ... it simply means his lips say, "fast EV? Yah ... Yah . . . ! I'm all for that" See how easy that is to do? Kind of like when he went up against the Teacher's Union ... and when they laid waste to him, he suddenly realized their $$$ / support is gone ... and he has a revelation to support the Teacher's union. So what next? Big Oil? The ICE auto industry vis a vis hydrogen hype? Oh yea, now that he's gutting CARB? Slowing them down ... I see how green HE is. Maybe once Florida loby dollars drop off because the State is under the melted polar ice caps, Arnie will have another epiphany.

Further, if you read more carefully regarding the article stating Arnie "lobbied" for a competitive grant: Doesn't that mean money of similar amounts "could" go to Tesla .... IE everyone can compete for it? ... and thus it can go to GM hydrogen research, and other "iffy" sources? In other words, the head of CARB doesn't want to follow that stupid plan, because ALL the money should go towards what is most likely to succede ... like PHEV's ? Isn't that what the head of CARB is supposed to be deciding upon advisement of experts? ... or should the CARB head simply follow orders. The ex head of CARB, Catherine Witherspoon was independent, but Arnie wanted robots ... "I'm just doing vat I vas told to do" Shades of auschwitz.

6. Pinto Girl

Pinto Girl New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    You're right; it's all about the money for Arnold.

Also, I think that his persistent narcissism trivializes every issue with which he comes into contact.

7. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    He made this big deal about not taking money from special interests. But I guess he meant just those in the State of California, because he's taken more money from out of state special interests and lobbyists than anyone ever before.

I was at the Capitol. I saw his special cigar smoking tent. I was not impressed.

8. Pinto Girl

Pinto Girl New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Godiva @ Jul 11 2007, 01:51 PM) [snapback]477009[/snapback]</div>
    How very proletarian of him...a true man of the people.

9. skruse

skruse Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    "Keep the Air Visible," is the result of political expediency and rhetoric, not clean air.