1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Cash4Clunkers main website update

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by DianneWhitmire, Aug 12, 2009.

1. DeadPhish

DeadPhish Senior Member

Outer Banks of NC.. Retired to play golf and poker
    Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    $1 Million worth of rebates given out..most filed..10% collected. The Secy of the DOT Lahood better get his people on the stick.

2. DeadPhish

DeadPhish Senior Member

Outer Banks of NC.. Retired to play golf and poker
    Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A

The one constant in all of business is that nothing remains constant. While in the steel business these boom and bust cycles went on and on and on, over and over again. For a year or more steel would be scarce as hen's teeth and the prices would skyrocket by 50% or more, plateau, fall, bottom out and rebound again. Buyers were PO'd when steel was tight and they couldn't buy enough to take advantage of the boom cycle then their last purchase was always their worst as the bottom fell out and they were stuck with a shipment at the absolutely highest price and not a single buyer for it.

The C4C has pumped up sales of smaller more efficient vehicles but the Prius has a dynamic of its own. It's new and it's hot and there's a ton of demand for it outside the US. My own prediction is that the other vehicles like the Corolla, RAV, Camry, et al will soon come back to a level of 'normalcy'. However I can see the supplies of the Prius being tight for a good long time, possibly well into next year as 2004/2005 repeats itself, my .02 worth.

3. hschen

hschen New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    After waiting for about 1 week, Camelback Toyota in Phoenix delivered my pre-sold Prius II (Winter Gary) and took my clunker away on the 18th. As promised, I paid MSRP $22950 + $350 doc fee. They gave me dark window tint and pin strips for free, plus a TRD hat and a full tank of gas. All is well, my wife is going to drive Prius II to Irvine tomorrow and leave the new car to me. Those of you still waiting for a Prius, should check nearby State's dealership for a honest deal.

4. eglmainz

eglmainz New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    But if 10% has been collected (even if only talking about the first $1B), wouldn't that be $100 Million in rebates given out?

Also, as I just posted on the mail forum, Cash for Clunkers is being terminated on Monday, at the close of business. (http://priuschat.com/forums/gen-iii...622-cash-clunkers-ends-monday-08-24-09-a.html)