1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Cassette player stuck

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by PriusMan90, Feb 26, 2014.

1. PriusMan90

PriusMan90 New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Ok yesterday i bought a 05 prius, the model has the upgraded audio package and came with a cassette player. First time we used it it worked fine, the second time we tried to rewind another cassette and it got stuck. The audio screen says audio off, im unable to do anything with any of the buttons and the CDplayer and cassette stays powered even when the car is off. Does anyone know how to correct this issue?

2. frodoz737

frodoz737 Top Wrench

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    It was an after market upgrade (I believe) if it stays powered up with car off. Try to find the power hook ups to disconnect, then reconnect to retry. Some units had manual discharge. Try a hack shack if no help.

3. Eclipse1701d

Eclipse1701d Prius Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    Is it possible the cassette's tape got wound up in the heads? This happens when you take a 30 year old tape that sat on a shelf for 20 years and you try to play it... A pair of needle nose pliers and some arm strength should do the trick!

Stick to 8 Track. They don't get stuck like a cassette. Better yet, a reel to reel could be hooked up to the aux port!

4. frodoz737

frodoz737 Top Wrench

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    This is not how to treat a new comer to PC with their first post.

5. GrumpyCabbie

GrumpyCabbie Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    :censored: lol

6. GrumpyCabbie

GrumpyCabbie Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Is that why my post was deleted? I did ask "what's a cassette?". This shows in my computers cache, this thread shows up in my Alerts, but my post is missing!

What's wrong with a bit of humour. Anyhow, what is a cassette? I'm in my mid 40's and I'm sure they haven't been used for 25 years?

7. Eclipse1701d

Eclipse1701d Prius Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    Just having some fun, guys. I forgot to mention, there's plenty of room in the hatch to setup a phonograph and rewire the speakers for quadraphonic sound... Crank up The Who!

All kidding aside, I do remember cassette's getting stuck. No choice but to grab that bad boy with pliers, lift and pull.

For future reference, stick to tapes that are 90 minutes or less. Those 120's always get stuck!