1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Cat Avatars

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by priusham, Nov 8, 2004.

1. Starbug

Starbug New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    LOL, Brad. I have the "...god kills a kitten" and "the cat who saw you naked" ones, but I'd never seen the first one. They all crack me up. :lol:

2. priusham

priusham New Member

Michigan - land of everlasting snowflake icon!

3. heliotropehead

heliotropehead New Member

I'll second that. Thank you for the points, but I can't just leave you with none! I'll take 1.5. Thank you!! :D

4. Charles Suitt

Charles Suitt Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Allow me to present "HER ROYAL CATNESS PRINCESS RUFFruff" She adopted us from our local "no-kill shelter (Operation Kindness) ten years ago and is kind enough to allow us to live in her home.

She has had one ride in our Prius and seemed to enjoy the ride due in part to the less noisy environment.

* I love this remarkable machine !

-Charles Suitt- Dallas TEXAS

5. victor

victor New Member

Gilching Bavaria Germany, & Drapanos, Crete, G
    Apparently its a peeled orange, that wasnt fully ripe.

6. Varko

Varko Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    The 'fruit head' cat can't be very happy.

I have to get my picture of Thomas in this thread (sorry Prius lovers, but I think it is better without the car). He too has gone on to the happy hunting ground; last spring at just over 15 years old.

Ah, people and their pets...

7. Starbug

Starbug New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Victor: The melon-head cat is wearing an unripened orange?! I thought it was a lime all this time...! :lol: That pic rocks.

Varko: sorry to hear of your loss of Thomas. My Harry (the orange guy in my avatar) died of cancer 3 years ago this coming Jan 11th; he was 19 YO. Now my Siamese is dieing of cancer (she's 18 YO). I've had her since she was a kitten (I was 5 YO when we got her), and Harry was adopted from the Human Society when he was 11 YO.

Cats rule! :multi:

8. victor

victor New Member

Gilching Bavaria Germany, & Drapanos, Crete, G
    Maybe it is... A lime would be a bit smaller ????

Either way, the cat looks seriously pissed off :lol:

9. heliotropehead

I really think it's a lime. I've seen some big ones at the grocery! I can't wait to sweeten up my kitties with little fruit helmets. I may try that this weekend. LOL

I have a little stuffed puppy who wears a dress. I used to undress him and make Sushi wear the dress. She looked like quite the little lady. Sushi belongs to my boyfriend. Spock, a Siamese, is *my* baby. I can't imagine how hard it will be when he passes on. It's such an awful thing to lose a pet. :(

10. Varko

Varko Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Sorry to hear about your loved ones. :(

Cancer (intestinal) got Thomas too. The vet didn't have a definitive answer for three months, by then it was too late, not that there was much they could do about it anyway. It was a terrible thing to go through, for everyone involved.

You know, I never thought of using a fruit helmet to protect him from the evil rays that cause cancer. :wink:

We got Thomas from the Humane Society as well. He was about a year old when we adopted him. We now have a new adopted kitty, Oscar (about a year and a half old).

...and life goes on.

11. Starbug

Starbug New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    LOL, yes he does look pissed (cats are good at that)! :lol: :mrgreen: Can limes grow really big? I guess it could be an orange; I just figured since it was green that it had to be a really big lime, like the home-grown variety perhaps. :lol: :mrgreen:

12. Starbug

Starbug New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Aww, that sucks. Harry died of thyroid cancer; he was gone in four months. Midnight (my black Siamese) has bladder cancer. She was diagnosed last Jan and was supposed to be dead by Feb. But amazingly, she has shown no signs of being ill til just a week ago. She may still very well make it to Jan.

My next cat shall be orange, and named Orion (after the orange tabby from the first Men In Black movie). And if I can find another black Siamese, I shall have to find a spiffy name for it too.

13. eastercat

eastercat New Member

I think the justapostion of the cat and car is hilarious.
    It's like something out of a horror movie.

Run for your lives, it's Thomas vs. the Prius!!! Ahhhhhhh!

I know a cat that suffered from cancer. She went on
    a pure protein diet (raw chicken and feline future powder)
    and is now recovering nicely. That's why I feed my
    Patti (see avatar) the same kind of protein diet.

Esther

14. betshsu

betshsu Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I can only imagine what Mia (my other cat, who does not like to sit in sinks) would do if I tried to put a lime on her head.

Yay for cats! Particularly those from the humane society. I thought it was funny that the company making the hypoallergenic cat was justifying the price of the cat ($3,500) was about the same as buying an exotic cat, yet also had the fact on their website that about 80% (?) of pet cats are adopted from shelters.

Oh, and Sushi is a great name for a cat. Reminds me of when my boyfriend fed Noel a piece of salmon sashimi--that had a little wasabi on it. Noel took a big bite, and then started backing up, shaking his head. It was pretty funny.

15. heliotropehead

Thanks. My boyfriend wanted to name her "Ham-12" but I convinced him otherwise. :)

16. rflagg

rflagg Member

Ok, I caved. Here's my hankie-baby with his mouth open. He'll often forget to close his mouth before/after yawns, so he'll sit looking around with his mouth such as this.

I have been working with a cat rescue group for the past 3 years now - the new group I'm with is a gathering of other groups, and helps out horse rescue groups, dog rescue, bunny rescue, along with a number of cat rescue groups.

I love my kitties, and I love seeing the cat avatars on this site. :)

-m.

17. heliotropehead

lol Hankie looks frightened in that pic.

18. Varko

Varko Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    That's what I was going for...kind of a CATzilla thing. Not sure that it works.

Towards the end that is all Tom would eat was boiled chicken livers. The vet had me trying all sorts of packaged high-nutrient foods because he was losing weight so quickly, but he wouldn't touch them. He lost about half his weight from when this picture was taken in those last three months. The vet figures the cancer was taking most the nutrition he was able to eat.

19. Starbug

Starbug New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Unfortunately, Harry was picky. He wouldn't go for that kind of diet. And my Siamese, well, in her old age she's become picky too. When she was younger she would eat anything you gave her; but not any more. That's a cat for you. *shrug*

20. cnetter

cnetter New Member

See, this is what happens when I go off on business for a week, I miss the REALLY important threads.

<===== This is Donovan. Named after the musician because "Mellow Yellow" would be too stupid a name, even for a cat. He's a big boy, weighing in at 15+ pounds, so you notice when he jumps on the bed at night. But he's a sweet heart and has friends that come over to play in the yard with him. I saw him touching noses once with a skunk. Apparently they knew each other.