1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Cat back Prius C

Discussion in 'Prius c Accessories and Modifications' started by Ecobill, Apr 15, 2015.

1. Super Mario

Super Mario Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I will try to record the sound of the Injen intake either tonight or tomorrow and I'll post it. Starting around half throttle the sounds starts until wide open throttle which is the loudest. Sounds like I have an exhaust at WOT.

What I have found out about the exhaust is as follows. The scions won't fit because they have a 1.8L motor and the exhaust pipes are from 2" to 2 1/2 inches so they will not bolt up unless you change everything from the cat back. The Yaris has a 1.5L and has basically the same exhaust system minus the coolant lines going to the cat. The Yaris has the same 2" pipe and then after the cat it is reduced down to an inch to 1 1/2 inches or whatever size the exhaust is so therefore the mufflers will bolt up. Also the flange on the scion mufflers are different as well and would have to be modified to fit.

2. EconoModder

EconoModder Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius
    Model:
    L Eco
    Ok, so you're saying the Yaris one will fit? As in the axle back will bolt right on the the OEM exhaust?

3. SamanthaC0716

SamanthaC0716 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Not sure that you guys saw my post with all this additional discussion, but look a few back. I am using an exhaust for the Yaris on the Prius. It bolted right up. The only "modification" necessary was replacing the stock exhaust hangers because they had too much flex and were allowing the muffler canister to bump against the underbody.

iPhone ?

Super Mario likes this.
  4. Super Mario

Super Mario Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Economodder, I was actually referring to Samantha's post about the muffler she just mentioned above. I also spoke to someone one else who told me the Yaris pretty much has the same exhaust system. The only mods that would have to be done is the hangers but it depends on what muffler you buy(axle back) otherwise it should bolt right on. I made the mistake of getting one for a Scion XB and it doesn't fit so that I know for a fact. With that being said does anyone wanna buy a TRD Scion XB axle back muffler? LOL

5. EconoModder

EconoModder Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius
    Model:
    L Eco
    Ok, well i fI do buy a muffler, it would be the Megan OE-RS axleback. They are straight-thru, and yet very well muffled for a quiet but agressive tone. Whether or not it adds any power, who knows. I like the idea of the INjen Intake too, but I think my wife would kill me if I spent $400 on an exhaust and intake for the car. But I think with the lighter wheels and removal of the spare and junk in the trunk, the car already feels quicker. I should time it and compare it to Mertech Performance's 0-30 mph run on you tube who has an intake and exhaust.

6. SamanthaC0716

SamanthaC0716 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    This is why I don't have a wife.

iPhone ?

Ecobill likes this.
  7. priusCpilot

priusCpilot Active Member

Vehicle: