1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

CAT stolen, exhaust replaced but getting engine light.. code P0420

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Jahras, Feb 6, 2020.

1. Jahras

Jahras New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    How do I solve or troubleshoot this?

I am in the UK, so will need a replacement that will pass the mot emission test

#1 Jahras, Feb 6, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2020
  2. SFO

SFO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
  3. davecook89t

davecook89t Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    I think he meant to say "you replaced the cat". Replacing the car is certainly one solution.;)

Jeff606 and dig4dirt like this.
  4. Jeff606

Jeff606 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Feb 28, 2021. Pinole, CA. Catalytic converter stolen from 2009 Prius parked in front of my house. Please come back if you want your wheel chock back. Joke.
    My Prius has close to 375K miles. With the thief doing minor damage to the door, fender and rocker seam under the car, the body shop will need right around $4300 to replace the cat and fix the damage. This is a Touring Edition, top of the line in 2009. I've had the touch screen out twice for repair. The motor, tranny have both been replaced. Numerous other parts have been replaced including the original catalytic converter which went bad. I hope the insurance company decides to total the car- it's close....

5. Jeff606

Jeff606 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Update to stolen cat. I've been verbally told by Kirk (Captain?) At my insurance company that the car will be totaled, so have to wait and see how much I'll get from them. I've been through this before with them and they are pretty good at coming up with a decent number- probably more than I could sell it for; unless to an enthusiast who absolutely had to have this particular car... that JBL sound system sounds great through those 9 speakers!