1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

CBS Apologizes Over Bush Guard Duty Memos

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Atoyot, Sep 20, 2004.

1. Dave

Dave New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm not sure I understand all the uproar about CBS and Dan Rather. Yes, he made a big mistake. Yes, he apologized. Does anyone care about the lies that FOX broadcasts almost daily? And have you ever heard anyone there apologize for anything? Is CBS held to a different standard than FOX?

2. prius04

prius04 New Member

Dave,

I think your questions are right on target.

George Bush used faulty documents, the gist of which was false, to go to war and nearly 15000 people are dead. And he may get re-elected.

Dan Rather used faulty documents to support a story the gist of which is TRUE, and he may get fired.

So we hold Dan Rather to a higher standard than our President?

3. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    its funny you should mention Fox because they had a rather lengthy expose on all the falsehoods that have been passed around and the lack of response from the news media or the public.

it seems that everyone has had a rather tough time telling or relaying the truth on a wide range of issues. what CBS did barely ranks in the top 10 imho... after all, nobody died over what CBS claimed as prius04 alluded to.

4. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Bottom line is Bush never put his money where his mouth was. Those of use who lived the time knew the guard was a cop out and those of us in Ohio know what the guard does to college students. I saw any number of the Young Republicans and Young Americans for Freedom had their daddies get them into the guard so they did not have to expose to any danger. They could be smug about "serving their country" while sitting in comfort in the US. I had friends killed and others jailed and I saw those who were killed at home. I know who were honest and those who were just putting on a face for the public. At least George senior put it on the line. W is a whoos.