1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

CCSE Finishes Initial Two-Month Trial with Toyota Prius Plug-in Hybrid Vehicles

Discussion in 'Gen 1 Prius Plug-in 2012-2015' started by JamesBurke, Dec 12, 2010.

1. usbseawolf2000

usbseawolf2000 HSD PhD

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I think PHV Prius EV mode (default at start up) works like standard Prius EV mode. If you punch it hard enough, it will disable it and ICE will kick in for addition power (beauty of hybrid). It just show you the EV bar and it happens to move per condition and you can adjust the pedal according to it. Normal Prius EV mode doesn't show the bar so we don't know the threshold moves.

I don't live in Japan and I think 13 miles EV range would work for me very well. PHV Prius may not be for everyone but almost every can fully use that 13 EV miles almost every time. I think that is a great way to start the mass market plugin - something most people can utilize at an affordable price that does not compromise a seat or range.

2. telmo744

telmo744 HSD fanatic

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Cannot get in accordance with you, AG.
    It is probably my bad english written or my understanding.

Max output of present Prius batteries is 27kw. If it was a design issue at a touch of software it would have been used before, or not?:(

You must believe in actual Prius design, it is good. And very difficult to go further.

3. evnow

evnow Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    N/A
    Thats all there is to it. Let EPA test prius PHEV (whenever it comes out) - and then we can compare. Otherwise it would be like those articles "showing" how SUVs are more eco-friendly than Prius.

BTW, I'm not EPA will even give a kwh/100 miles rating for Prius - considering it can't travel at highway speeds needed in EPA tests in pure EV mode.