1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

CD Changer Problems

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by ajayre, Jan 16, 2012.

1. ajayre

ajayre Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I bought my 2006 Prius from a Toyota dealer used. I tried once in the first year (warranty period) to insert a CD but it wouldn't let it go in. I just assumed I didn't know how to work it and gave up (I use an iPod with the AUX). I noticed that there was a green light under the 1 but orange lights under 2 - 6. It was that way for the entire year.

Recently I took it in to have the 12V aux battery changed and immediately I noticed a difference. There are now green lights under all numbers 1 - 6.

I just now tried to insert a CD and no amount of pressing the Load or eject buttons would open the slot to let the CD in.

When I press the Load button the two lights at each end of the slot are supposed to go from orange to green. They don't appear to be on at all.

Holding down the Load button is supposed to cause a beep. Nothing happens.

Any ideas of things to try or is the CD player broken? I really hope not. :(

Andy

2. Oneaxepony

Oneaxepony Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius

Suggest you re-post (or have a mod move this) in Gen II Audio & Electronics - lots of good advice on these sorts of problems there. Sounds to me like your head unit (i.e. radio) is bad. Replacement by dealer would be very expensive. Options to consider are getting a salvage unit from ebay or salvage company - or replace the radio with an aftermarket unit. Again you can find discussions about these options in the Gen II audio forum. My experience has been that repairing these units is difficult. Its easier to just replace it. Good luck!