1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

CD jammed in player

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by vogrady, Aug 29, 2004.

1. vogrady

vogrady New Member

On my first use, my music CD got jammed in the in-dash CD player on option package 4, lodged in there good, but plays without any problem. Just curious if anyone else had this problem, and if yes, what they did? It's a hassle to bring it back to dealer....
    [email protected] Vincent

2. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Not really relevant, but at the office a summer intern shoved a 3.5-inch diskette into the CD-ROM drive of one of the computers, and nobody's ever been able to get it out. The computer works fine, but in effect it no longer has a CD reader. Our computers are so ancient that a new one of similar vintage would cost less than repairing this one.

But if your CD plays then it sounds to me like a defective ejecter, and you may have to take it to the dealer.

3. Speedracer

Speedracer New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    #4 is single CD player right? Usualy for Toyota indash 6-CD change manage to stuck, Seriusly every time I rent a car from Toyota indash CD change manage to stuck. My answer is take dealer and they will unstack your CD and should give you new CD Player

4. Raenstoirm

Raenstoirm New Member

Had the same problem. Had to get the changers swaped

5. vef579

vef579 Junior Member

I have a stuck CD as well, and it is not even recognized as being in the changer. I checked with the local dealer and they want to charge me to change it out.

It seems that if I can get the changer out of the dash, I can find a way to get the CD out of the changer. It can't be rocket science. A local auto repair wants to charge $150 to remove and replace the entire radio - and I get to try to get the CD out.

6. Sho-Bud

Sho-Bud Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Happened twice to me.
    Switching the stereo on and off a few times and trying to eject did the trick.

7. echase

echase New Member

HELP!!!

I have a CD jammed in my 2006 option1 (single CD player) ... I think my 2 year old may have inserted something "extra" into the player, since it makes ugly noises as well.

Anyone have any idea/instructions on how to remove the player so I can try to shake it out?

:(

8. shybrid

shybrid New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Greenkeeper @ Nov 7 2007, 07:23 AM) [snapback]536136[/snapback]</div>
    In California, 2 year old children must be in a child seat in the back seat. How did your child reach the cd player from the back seat? Agood parent would be careful where there children sat in the car.

9. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(shybrid @ Nov 11 2007, 01:24 PM) [snapback]538042[/snapback]</div>
    I don't think this is going to help them get the CD player fixed. :)

Seriously though. For a jammed CD you can try to disconnect the 12v source either via a fuse or by removing the power harness from the changer and allowing it to power down for 10sec or so then plugging it back in. Short of that you can try to jiggle it and see if the CD is lose in there but it is doubtful it is.

For items stuck inside a player other than a CD. You may be out of luck. Not many places do repairs anymore but you can call around to local car audio dealers. Sometimes you will find Kenwood (or other brands) authorized repair people who could help you but it will likely cost you upwards of $100+.

This is one of the reasons many manufactures strayed away from multidisc cd players. They started producing them in the mid/late 90's and they had a horrific track record as most of them broke for various reasons. :(

10. mikemcmo

mikemcmo Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    In Illinois, 2 year olds can drive *IF* they are using a forward facing car seat with a 3 point harness, but then, any good parent already knows that.

milkman44 likes this.
  11. sktn77a

sktn77a Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Put a CD in the slot until the load mechanism grabs it. Hold on to the CD so it doesn't get pulled in. Then press eject. This works for the CD changer (common problem on Toyota and Lexus CD changers) but I don't know if it will work for the single CD player.

12. suzyQ14

suzyQ14 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    Seriously? Give them a break!!! There are many other ways the child could have done it. Maybe they were washing the car and the child was sitting with them. You just ASSUMED they were a bad parent! Geez....

13. dolj

dolj Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Chill Suzy, you realise that post was made over ten years ago and the poster has not been seen here in a little over nine years. :eek::rolleyes:o_O

srellim234 likes this.