1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

CD Player Malfunction

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by dbacksfan, Apr 22, 2012.

1. dbacksfan

dbacksfan Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    About 11 months ago, while our 2010 was well within the 36-month, 36K mile warranty, our CD player stopped working. The dealership had to order to new unit. Unfortunately, I did not reschedule an appointment until it was 60 miles outside the warranty but still within the 36 month limit. Long story short, Toyota refuses to replace the unit under warranty. The dealership wants $1800 :eek: to replace the unit.

I tried escalating the issue to corporate, etc. but it was nothing but a big waste of time. Not evem am offer to do it at a reduced amount. :mad:

Well, the motto of this story is get all of your warranty work done before the warranty expires. Even if the dealership has a clear record that it was reported while STILL under warranty.

I guess it's my fault for not attending to it sooner. My wife drives the car almost exclusively and doesn't use the CD player except on longer trips. Not until one of those trips did she miss it. And by the time she got back, the odometer tripped past 36K miles.

Any ideas on reasonably priced alternatives would be greatly appreciated.