1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

CD player problem

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by The Limey, Mar 20, 2015.

1. The Limey

The Limey New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    An issue with my Gen II. It has the 6 CD changer, yet when I press the button for the unit to accept a new disc nothing happens. Any ideas? Is it busted, or is there some way the unit can be reset?

My car also has the JBL upgrade. Is this just speakers, or is there a separate amp too? If I fit an aftermarket head unit will it just plug straight in, or am I going to find grief?

Thanks guys,

Rich.

2. 69shovlhed

69shovlhed Surly tree hugger

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    the separate amp under rf seat (since y'all drive on the wrong side of the road, I can't say passenger seat) incorporates some of the radio functions. so to change the head unit you will need to buy the correct interface unit to make it work with the jbl amp. or replace the jbl amp too and rewire the whole mess. still need interface for steering wheel buttons to work.

The Limey likes this.
  3. The Limey

The Limey New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    just checked, does indeed have an amp.

4. 69shovlhed

69shovlhed Surly tree hugger

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    only other thing you might try is pull the fuse for the head unit and see if it will reset.

The Limey likes this.
  5. nelmat

nelmat New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Techs at crutchfields will help for free. Also prices ain't bad if you want to replace