1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

CD player will not read MP3/WMA files

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Ratman, Aug 3, 2017.

1. Ratman

Ratman New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    The CD player on my recently purchased 2011 Prius will not recognize MP3 or WMA files on CDs I put into it, despite both my owner's manual and the label on the stereo itself assuring me that it will. It plays both commercial CDs, and CD-Rs and -RWs that I burn, just fine. I'm definitely using the right kind of CD-R, and the files are definitely making it onto the disk, but each time I try, it just says "NO MUSIC".

Is there any other reason this would be happening? Is there some formatting trick I need to do to the CD, or some button I need to press on the stereo before it'll read a thing?

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Not that I'm aware. I have a 2010 with nav and it plays my MP3 CDs (although my optical reader skips).

Are you closing the writable disc? You can't leave it open for further writing, otherwise it won't be recognised.