1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

CD-R Audio Discs Do Not Work With Factory Player

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by warcat507, Nov 24, 2006.

1. warcat507

warcat507 Junior Member

I noticed that the in-dash single CD/MP3/WMA player won't play discs that have been burned on devices that use CD Audio Discs. At least I cannot get them to play. I am wondering if the extra folder that is a permanent part of these discs could be problem? Also, I noticed that when the car is in motion, you cannot get a list of folders on an MP3/WMA disc. You can scroll thru them with the file knob on the player, but you cannot get the list on the touchscreen unless the car is stopped. Is there a hack or anything to get a list of the folders while the car is moving?

2. miwaku

miwaku New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(warcat @ Nov 24 2006, 06:16 PM) [snapback]353787[/snapback]</div>
    The first thing that strikes me is , you shouldn't HAVE an MP3 player. Pkg #3 was the first one in 2006 to get that, so I'm wondering how you're playing them at all.

Second, with my single-disc CD/MP3/WMA player, I can switch folders while moving with no problem, at least when playing MP3s. I don't play burned CD Audio discs because that's a waste of space for me; why put 12 songs on a CD when over 100 will fit?

So what exactly is happening here?

3. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(warcat @ Nov 24 2006, 03:16 PM) [snapback]353787[/snapback]</div>
    There is a hack, but it involves cutting a speed sensor wire and installing a switch. Here is some information about the wire. It's the same wire for the BT phone.

4. Charles Suitt

Charles Suitt Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    <_< In both my 2004 and my new 2007 Prius, The CDs I've burned on my computer play very well on the 6-CD changer. As a practice, I burn a copy of my commercially-bought CDs and use the copy in my Prius.

5. Beryl Octet

Beryl Octet New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(warcat @ Nov 24 2006, 06:16 PM) [snapback]353787[/snapback]</div>
    The single disc player doesn't play MP3/WMA's, which is sort of a surprise these days. But I have no trouble playing audio discs that I've burnt myself, either plain old audio, or audio + data. In fact, since I usually rip everything to mp3 and make my own mixes, that's about all the CDs I ever play in the car, no problems. I have a Toshiba DVD/CD player at home that refuses to play my homemade CDs, but that's about the only thing I see that complains about them.

6. FL Buckeye

FL Buckeye Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(miwaku @ Nov 24 2006, 11:54 PM) [snapback]353846[/snapback]</div>
    Sorry, but the MP3/WMA player is part of Pkg #2 in 2006. I have it. And it plays my burnt CD's just fine. so don't know what warcat's problem is. I copied my mp3s from my hard drive to CD using Nero, I think. And, as aaf709 said, there's a hack available to allow the same display while moving as when sitting still.