1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

cell battery hybrid gen 3

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Technical Discussion' started by Boursine P3, Jun 12, 2020.

1. Boursine P3

Boursine P3 New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I am in senegal, i would like to buy parts or cell of hybrid battery, please advice where i can order cells for my prius's battery hybrid
    best regards

2. AzusaPrius

AzusaPrius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
  3. LukUsc

LukUsc Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Do You know how many cells you need and for some capacity You would like to rebuild the battery?

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

4. Classic Car Guy

Classic Car Guy Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II

I have a question for my 2007 prius. Whenever I have the car on a long stop lets say on a drive thru station sitting for more than 12 minutes, the battery bar goes down to the last 'purple bar' then it charges. I'm not quite sure if its suppose to go down that fastfor I cant even sit on the car longer than a normal gas engine car. Do you think there is something wrong with the hybrid battery? If so.. what do you suggest?
    By the way the car is 150k miles and its well kept and driven normally.
    Thank you!

5. vvillovv

vvillovv Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    if you can get an OBD2 bluetooth adapter and the DrPrius phone app priusapp.com and see in the menu at the top of the page OBD2 to buy
    Jack explains what he has experienced using different ODB2 adapters and which ones work best with his app.

There are a lot of DrPrius users here that can help explain any screenshots and questions .

6. Grit

Grit Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    No idea. There’s no purple bar on ours here just all white, unless you did the cool led mod that looks waaaaay cool!

7. CR94

CR94 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    You might get more assistance if you post in the section for Prii of that generation.
    The battery will obviously discharge a lot faster if you have air conditioning on.

8. james wang 20

james wang 20 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    III
    If you have obd equipment, you can record the 10-minute data while driving. In the voltage data of each module battery (there may be 14 pieces), you can see that some cells rise very quickly when charging, and drop very much when discharging. Soon, then, the cell should be replaced.

9. james wang 20

james wang 20 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    III
    The vehicle is in the ready state. Even when the air conditioner is turned on, it seems that it takes a few minutes to start the engine charging. If you wait all the time, the time for the engine to start charging is usually not as long as the silent time.