1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Cell phone and the Prius Prime

Discussion in 'Prime Audio, Electronics, and Infotainment' started by vern748, Feb 21, 2017.

1. vern748

vern748 Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Hi All,

I am not sure I am the only one, but I am having an issue with my Google Pixel phone and the Prius Prime Plus. The Plus comes with the EnTune 6.9 in system and not the larger flat screen TV infotainment system (11 inch). I am hoping this may turn into a clearing house of phone sync issues and the Prime. So here goes.

I have a Google Pixel phone and has been problematic with syncing with the Prius Prime EnTune system. It took 4+ attempts to get my contact to automatically sync with the system. Once synced, its still having an issue with syncing contacts. A message will pop-up quickly letting syncing was not successful.
    Thoughts ?

I also can't get my text or e-mail to notify me on the Prius EnTune system. From what I am reading, it should send a notification to the screen and make a noise.
    Thoughts ?

Any suggestions are most welcomed.
    PS. I have read the manual

2. vern748

vern748 Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    I think I figure out my issue. I had ReadItToMe app running on the Google Pixel phone. What that app does is reads your incoming texts, e-mail, and name of the person calling you. I suspected that was an issue, so I disabled it. No help. So I removed it. Bingo ! Everything works now.

Hope this helps someone in the future.

Vern

3. iamvietdang

iamvietdang Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    Have you set up messaging on the radio unit? Once paired, make sure your phone is allowing the car to sync contacts. Then, hit the phone button on the radio unit and tap messages and if you haven't yet, it should ask you to set up messages.

2016 Prius 4T Premium Convenience Pkg
    2016 NX200t F Sport

4. vern748

vern748 Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    To top it off, there is also a Google Pixel Phone Bluetooth bug right now. Come out in the last release update for the Pixel. After a few min-hours, for some reason, the Bluetooth shuts itself off. Google is working on the fix, but it may also impact some of the more recent Android phones.

Google Groups