1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Cellphone Mount Recommendations?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by tweaver, Nov 2, 2014.

1. tweaver

tweaver New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I'm looking for a cellphone mount and I see the dealer recommends the vent mount. But, I'm concerned about heating up my phone when I have the heat on in the car... Any other suggestions?

2. ncases

ncases Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    image.jpg Try this one i bought it from walmart. Its magnet and you can place it anywhere you want as long as it hold the holder

3. WilDavis

WilDavis Senior Member

Top RH Corner of RH Coast on L side of The Pond
    Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Here's a mount which I got from eBay. It came with the vent-clips but I was concerned about heat etc. so I used the flexible stalk thingy with the suction cup (supplied) attatched to the small ¼-light panel on the driver's side. The other pics show my set up for the 2 SG-IIs and the Garmin 276C GPS (purely for info. and to show how the set up doesn't block the view from the driver's seat) Clip_3.jpg Clip_1.jpg Clip_2.jpg - Wil

Data Daedalus likes this.
  4. winglik

winglik Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Since I never use the CD player, so I got the CD slot holder. It's a good spot in the car to put my phone. It doesn't block any visibility. It sits in the middle of both vents. but not enough to block the wind nor create over heat to the phone.

5. WolfpackBill

WolfpackBill Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    I use iOttie. The suction cup is amazing. I can actually install it on the side of the console. Actually, I have one for sale if anyone is interested because the I bought a bigger version of it so my iPhone 6 Plus would fit.

6. lester williams

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I use the ''Pro Clip'' holder in my center left-hand A/C vent, and I am completely satisfied with it. The heat does not blow out of the center vent, A/C only, so no ''over heating'' issues are to be had. It also actually helps with reception in rural areas as the phone is higher and close to unobstructed windshield. I also have one in right hand A/C center vent for G/F's IPhone and we did not notice any lose of cooling this summer, we both like this set-up. I also judge them both very solid and high quality------- and no, I am a user only-- not affiliated in any way to them .

7. 50MPGPAUL

50MPGPAUL Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    ^ pro clip is awesome

8. rcs3434

rcs3434 Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I use the mountek nGroove cd slot holder that I got on Amazon, works well for me and puts my iPhone 6+ in a good spot for using it for nav. image.jpg

9. robomoto

robomoto Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Nothing worked for me so I made my own out of hanging wire LOL. Price: free
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Data Daedalus and RMB like this.
  10. Roar

Roar Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I love my Nimbus mount. Search for it on amazon.

11. gertsprius

gertsprius Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I use a mount called the Square JellyFish. I found it on Amazon for about $20, It is very secure when I clip it on the vent. There is a screw on the back that has to occasionally tightened but its worth it.

Phone mount.jpg

12. jerrymildred

jerrymildred Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I don't like my phone blocking the vents and don't like the cold air blasting it. I also don't want it below the dash since that takes my eyes too far off the road but I don't want it on the windshield because that prevents me from using the sun screen.

I'm not hard to please at all.

I used this for a little over two years with it stuck to the little triangle window, but it recently broke.

I recently got this one, and I think I really like it. Very stable. No bouncing or sliding. And if something goes wrong, it was only $10.

13. Data Daedalus

Data Daedalus Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I’d patent that if I were you! You might strike it rich marketing a design like that - it’s actually useful.....and absolutely ingenious

iPhone 6s +

jerrymildred and WilDavis like this.
  14. WilDavis

WilDavis Senior Member

Top RH Corner of RH Coast on L side of The Pond
    Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    II
    …before someone else does! :rolleyes:

jerrymildred likes this.
  15. gertsprius

gertsprius Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I don't like that either, my remedy for that was to shut the vent I put it on so that none of the air would hit the phone. I live in PA so I use the heat most of the time this time of year, and with the vent closed my phone stays at a reasonable temperature.

jerrymildred likes this.