1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Celsius Outdoor Temperature Reading

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by CanuckPT, Mar 4, 2014.

1. CanuckPT

CanuckPT Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I live in New Hampshire but I grew up in Canada so I have a foot in both worlds when it comes to Metric & Imperial measures but I prefer Celsius for temperature. When I picked up my new 2014 Prius v today they tried to see if they could use the OBD to toggle the temperature to Celsius but no dice. Anyone had any luck with this?

iPhone ?

I live in New Hampshire but I grew up in Canada so I have a foot in both worlds when it comes to Metric & Imperial measures but I prefer Celsius for temperature. When I picked up my new 2014 Prius v today they tried to see if they could use the OBD to toggle the temperature to Celsius but no dice. Anyone had any luck with this?

iPhone ?

2. David Beale

David Beale Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    I am not positive about it, but from previous reading, the car is programmed for each country. Things like MPH, mileage display, and lots of others, are set in this program. Last I heard it can't be changed. Of course that is a challenge and someone will figure out a way. ;)

3. drysider

drysider Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    There is an "Ambient" setting in the ScanGauge XGauge list that might be what you are looking for. It looks like it sets the ambient to Celsius.

4. Todor

Todor Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    N/A
    I haven't seen such a setting in the factory software (Techstream)... but who knows, some models that I haven't tested on might have it. The only thing I've seen is a calibration setting where you can tell it to adjust the displayed temperature by +/-2 degrees C.

5. drysider

drysider Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    This is the XGauge setting:

Ambient: 07E00146 044105460000 2808 00010001FFD8

6. Todor

Todor Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    N/A
    That one is actually just the OBD2 reading of the current "ambient temperature". It's not a setting. It will just display the current value on the XGauge's display (probably in Celsius), but it won't change how it's displayed on the car's dashboard.