1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Center console/armrest removal

Discussion in 'Prius v Main Forum' started by Paul Anderegg, Dec 17, 2013.

1. Paul Anderegg

Paul Anderegg Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I NEED to completely REMOVE the entire center console/armrest unit from a brand new Prius V in order to install a 30" communications console full of radios. The little button cluster will be relocated........somewhere......

Anyone know what is involved in pulling out this giant hollow plastic console? Upon initial observation, it looks as though it is not "attached" t the upper dashboard, but simply has though side wings that poke up under it. Any links or manuals that would assist would be greatly appreciated. :)

Thanks. Paul

2. CLUBGUY

CLUBGUY Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
  3. gggGary

gggGary gggGary

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE Premium
    Anyone get this done on a v and document it? Mine's coming out real soon.

Found this in another thread.

"Removing the center console: there are four screws in the storage compartment underneath the little mat in there. There is one screw underneath the little mat in the front open area. On each side of the console way down in front where your feet go, are two small removable side panels. On one end they have extensions that slide into a white plastic piece attached to the car and on the other end they snap into the rest off the console. Pulling outwards (towards the doors) they will snap out fairly easily from the rest of the console and then the extensions can be slid out from the white pieces. Underneath these small panels there is one plastic snap on each side which holds the rest of the console to the front part of the car. (When removing the small panels, you may also pull these snaps out as well.) Now you can gently pull up and backwards on the console. (Opening the cup holder for the rear seats will give you a place to put your hand to assist in pulling.) If you have the buttons for the heated leather seats mounted on the front of the console, you can now disconnect their wiring harnesses.
    Now for the hardest part: before removing the console you will want to remove the cup holder and power buttons in order to disconnect the wiring harness. You will need to pull upwards but it will take quite a bit of force. In fact, you may want to do this first before removing the screws which hold the center console down. I referred to the pics posted by "tanasit" elsewhere in this thread to know what I should be pulling on. There are four plastic tabs holding the cupholder and power buttons on, but they don't snap out easily. Once they do, it's easy to disconnect the wiring harness for the power buttons, and if you follow the wiring harness down a little farther it is also connected to the console with a white plastic support which you can also snap out. (There is a second support attached to the wiring harness even farther down but this is attached to the car and not the console.) Now your center console should be completely free and you should be able to pull it up and backwards and remove it via the rear seats."

will try to photograph my console removal.

#3 gggGary, Jul 13, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2014