1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Center Console Cigarette Lighter Adapter Not Working

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by JOL, Sep 28, 2015.

1. JOL

JOL Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Hi all. The cigarette lighter adapter inside the center console of my 2010 Prius (next to the USB/iPod and AUX plugs) does not appear to be working, although the adapter underneath the gear shifter works fine. A few weeks ago, I found some coins, which I keep inside that center console that had gotten wedged inside the cigarette lighter adapter cavity. It was after removal of those coins that I first learned that the adapter was not working (I tried a few different devices to make sure that it was the adapter itself not working).

From reading the web, it sounds like the fix may be as simple as replacing the fuse. From what I understand, the fuse is just above the emergency parking brake. If so, where do I purchase a new fuse and how much does a new fuse cost? Also, how do I know which fuse needs replacing? Is that in the instruction manual?

2. szgabor

szgabor Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    first thing to check ....

most auto part store will carry it ...