1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Center console lock

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by FernandoRA, Jan 16, 2020.

1. FernandoRA

FernandoRA Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I recently have been concerned with spare coins, bills, documents, battery, iPhone cables left in the car during cleaning, valet or service at my local dealer. I wish I had a way to put everything in the center console and lock it using a third party lock.

My intention is to either grab the lid with a metal hook to prevent it from opening or at least block the current plastic hook from sliding back and releasing the lid.

Has anyone here done anything like this to get ideas for position of the lock or mechanism?

2. kithmo

kithmo Couch Potato

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Wouldn't it be easier to take all the valuable stuff out on these occasions ? :)

krmcg likes this.
  3. sam spade 2

sam spade 2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    AND it would be MUCH easier if you could find something like a "fanny pack" that would fit as a "liner" in the center console.
    Then you just take it out, along with the contents. (y)

FernandoRA and krmcg like this.
  4. FernandoRA

FernandoRA Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Easier but less convenient and not always I want to leave my car with stuff or a linen in my hands. Trust me I wouldn't have asked if there was an easier idea

kithmo likes this.