1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Central Florida Prii

Discussion in 'Local Prius Club Main Forum' started by Haste, Mar 26, 2007.

1. Haste

Haste New Member

What's the Prii community like around Orlando?

2. FloridaWen

FloridaWen New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Haste @ Mar 26 2007, 03:36 PM) [snapback]412510[/snapback]</div>
    I am also very curious WHERE it is based out of !!
    I was hoping near TAMPA, as we live in Plant City, about 25 miles EAST of TAMPA and greater distance west of Orlando :(

3. tchaber

tchaber Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(FloridaWen @ May 17 2007, 01:56 PM) [snapback]444293[/snapback]</div>

I live in ChampionsGate, right outside of Disney. If there is any interest in a meet in this area, I will arrange it. Probably some restaurant along I-4 so we can showoff a parking lot full of Prii.

4. FloridaWen

FloridaWen New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tchaber @ Jul 12 2007, 11:40 PM) [snapback]477920[/snapback]</div>
    :( Such a shame RACE ROCK Restaurant in ORLANDO (was seen from I-4, on International Drive) CLOSED after 11 years.... would have been a GREAT place to meet. Ever been there ?? My Wife and I were there last in 2003. Then just last month we met friends (down from Connecticut) that were staying in a time-share near Sea World and wanted to drive them over (in our Prius) and have dinner at Race Rock.... what a shock to arrive to an empty parking lot with a famous building all boarded up, man what a bummer.... they auctioned off all the race cars that were hanging from the ceiling, even Big Foot outside.... everything !!
    [attachmentid=9678]
    [attachmentid=9679]
    [attachmentid=9680]
    [attachmentid=9681]
    [attachmentid=9682]

:( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Attached Files:

5. m6scott

m6scott Junior Member

Howdy so is there a meeting place in the Orlando area to meet up??

6. FloridaWen

FloridaWen New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(m6scott @ Jul 14 2007, 09:37 AM) [snapback]478598[/snapback]</div>
    Hopefully somewhere WEST of Orlando, west of Lake Buena Vista and out of the hustle-bustle crowds of the theme parks. This way many of our TAMPA (and like me in Plant City) Prius owners would not have to travel through busy Orlando and can visit on the outskirts like in Celebration, Davenport or even Polk City :unsure: !!
    [attachmentid=9740]
    [attachmentid=9741]

Attached Files:

7. blamy

blamy Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Is there anyone in the Daytona area interested in starting up a gathering of Prii. ( or is that a gaggle of Prii?)Looking to do some rallying / timed runs / mpg runs / breakfast, lunch, dinner meetings usually once a month. Have experience with Porsche and Corvette clubs. If interested email at [email protected]

8. thecoook

thecoook Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Wife and I are here by the Sanford Airport, both of us in our 50's, so the sporty car stuff not so much as just sharing driving/ownership experiances with other owners.

-Don

9. hackIT

hackIT Oceanic Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I'm in Clermont, but drive into Orlando daily. I'd be really interested in meeting other Prius owners, and seeing what we can learn from each other. If there's a group that's interested in meeting-up, please count me in!

10. Yoda-chan

Yoda-chan New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Hi all,

We're a bit out of the way, up in Gainesville, but would love to meet up with Prius owners in Central Florida. Keep us in the loop! :p

11. Lucky Stars

Lucky Stars Gadgit Guru

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I'm in Sorrento so Daytona, Orlando, Clermont, Mount Dora would all work for me.

12. OrlandoGuy

OrlandoGuy Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Anyplace in central Florida would be great along the I4 corridor, Plant City up to Deland.

13. sower

sower New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    we are retired from the north living in Eustis. Would like to talk with owners about do-it-yourself plug in.