1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Central Virginia Prius Meetup: 5/5/07

Discussion in 'Local Clubs, Events, and Road Trips' started by JimboK, Apr 6, 2007.

1. JimboK

JimboK One owner, low mileage

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Skwyre7 and I are arranging what we believe to be the first ever Central Virginia Prius meetup: Saturday, May 5, 2007. All are invited. Though the focus will be on the Prius, non-Prius and non-hybrid owners are welcome to attend. And you don't even have to live in the Richmond area. We invite all from Tidewater, NoVA, western VA, neighboring states … doesn't matter.

Time, location, and agenda are TBA. Skwyre7 and I are meeting next week to plan further. We wanted to get the date to you ASAP so you can mark your calendar.

I can say with reasonable certainty that the location will be somewhere in Chesterfield; we both live there. We've talked about asking Haley Toyota to host it, so that's a possibility.

We've also talked about approaching NBC12 for some local promotion. Their news staff has at least one Prius, so they might have more interest than the average TV station.

I'll post updates here. Meanwhile, if anyone thinks they might attend, post here so we can start to get an approximate head count.

2. livelychick

livelychick Missin' My Prius

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JimboK @ Apr 6 2007, 01:02 PM) [snapback]418840[/snapback]</div>
    If I'm in town, I'm definitely interested! Midlo in da house!

3. Essayons

Essayons Essayons

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JimboK @ Apr 6 2007, 12:02 PM) [snapback]418840[/snapback]</div>
    I would love to attend, but I have to run a range (weapons qual at Ft Lee) If it goes late I may be able to show (After 6pm)

4. JimboK

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Essayons @ Apr 6 2007, 01:14 PM) [snapback]418860[/snapback]</div>
    Hey, Keith. Good to know you're out there. Maybe we should move it down there. You think the MPs will let a dozen or so Prii on base? :)

At this point I'd be leaning toward mid-day, but if others here also say evening is better, I'm open for it. Stay tuned.

5. FireEngineer

FireEngineer Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Any word yet on confirmed plans?

Wayne

6. Green Hokie

Green Hokie Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Jim, Same here. If I'm in town, I'll definitely attend. Should be lots of fun!

Wayne, I've been itching to purchase/install an EBH. Therefore, if you're crazy enough to drive to the Richmond, VA area for this meeting, I'd love to take that opportunity to do the install while you supervise. I was going to perform the install completely on my own. However, if you're going to be in the neighborhood, why not get a little guidance from the EBH "expert"!!... if you don't mind, of course. I certainly don't want to impose and would in no way be offended if you simply prefer not deal with another install while enjoying your time at this meeting.

Regards,
    Peter

7. JimboK

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(FireEngineer @ Apr 13 2007, 10:27 PM) [snapback]423089[/snapback]</div>
    We're getting a little closer but we still haven't nailed things down quite yet. I've PM'd Chris (VaBeachPrius) to see what time suits him, but haven't heard back yet; Michael and I are open all day. I may just call him this weekend.

Are you thinking of making another trip East?? :)

8. FireEngineer

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Aaaaa...errrrr......what time?

Wayne

9. Skwyre7

Skwyre7 What's the catch?

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    We're probably looking at late morning Q&A/Show-n-tell followed by lunch. That's the current plan, anyway. We are still flexible though. Are you thinking of dropping by? If you do, I may have to redeem the rain check for an EBH install. ;)

10. FireEngineer

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Ooooooh....engine block heater install........ummmmm.....show-and-tell!!

Wayne

11. Skwyre7

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    UPDATE: The meet will take place at Haley Toyota on May 5th. The time hasn't been finalized. It will probably start about 10:00am or 10:30am.

Wayne, I've ordered my EBH... hint, hint... :lol:

12. FireEngineer

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Alas, my plans have changed. I have been "bumped" by NASCAR, there's not a room to rent in the Richmond area without making a mortgage payment. I wish you all a good time at your first meeting. To those with a need for an engine block heater, I'll be back your way sometime before the cold weather comes back, just kepp posting about your meetings.

Wayne

13. JimboK

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(FireEngineer @ May 1 2007, 03:05 PM) [snapback]433386[/snapback]</div>
    :( :( :( :(

OK, Virginians. Let's start scheduling and promoting the next one now! Featuring a certain special guest from Chicago and, among other topics, a group EBH install.

Please look at your schedules for September and October and see what Saturdays you have free. I'll keep an inventory of folks' free dates and then we'll schedule from there. For Wayne's sake, avoid 9/8. That's Richmond's next NASCAR date.

You folks from other parts of the state are welcome -- this time and next. I know we have several PC members in NoVa and Tidewater. Chris, you'd better be here next time! :)

14. Skwyre7

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    I'm free except for October 20th. And possibly another weekend in late Sept/early Oct.

I might give the EBH install a try myself. If I can find a little free time, that is. [I hear laughing in my head.] :unsure: :lol:

15. JimboK

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Michael, do we have an exact time nailed down yet?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Green Hokie @ Apr 14 2007, 12:17 AM) [snapback]423129[/snapback]</div>
    Hey, Peter, just trying to get a more precise head count. Do you think you'll be able to make it? We'd love to have you if you dare venture south of the James!

16. Green Hokie

Green Hokie Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Hi Jim,

Yes. I'll be there this Saturday. Is it 10:00 or 10:30?

17. PHanna

PHanna Junior Member

I plan to be there, but might not be in my Prius. Picking up my son from college and don't think I can fit all of his stuff in it.

18. JimboK

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Peter, Skwyre7 will be touching base with Haley today and should be posting an update.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(EarthCare @ May 2 2007, 10:59 PM) [snapback]434471[/snapback]</div>
    In lieu of Wayne, you can be our special guest! Hey all, come meet EarthCare from Atlanta!

19. Skwyre7

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    I'm very glad that people are coming. I was a little worried it might just be me and Jim. :lol:

I called Haley today, but my contact wasn't there today. I'll call him tomorrow and get things set up. Since I'm not able to get in touch with him today, I'm going to make an executive decision: we will start at 10:30am. I'll probably be there early (definitely by 10am). I'll update all of the other threads on the other sites.

I apologize for not being able to get this done earlier in the week. I've been super busy. I'm transitioning to a new position at work, as well as picking up an additional project. :blink:

20. livelychick

livelychick Missin' My Prius

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Once again, all, I'm so sad that I don't have a new Prius to show off during this meetup...sniff.

Next time, though, I'm there!