1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Central Virginia Prius Meetup: 5/5/07

Discussion in 'Local Clubs, Events, and Road Trips' started by JimboK, Apr 6, 2007.

1. JimboK

JimboK One owner, low mileage

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I'll try to be there at 10:00 too. M'lady has a honey-do item for me first thing in the a.m. -- fetching a load of top soil. But I should have that wrapped up in time to be there by 10:00, and definitely by 10:30.

2. Skwyre7

Skwyre7 What's the catch?

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    livelychick, you'll be missed.

Jim, you're not going to put top soil in the Prius are you? :lol:

3. JimboK

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Skwyre7 @ May 3 2007, 03:04 PM) [snapback]434910[/snapback]</div>
    Yeah, why not? Didn't I see a thread awhile back where folks describe how much stuff they can cram in their Prius? I figured a half ton of dirt would really be something! :D

Hey, if you're so busy, how come you have time to change your avatar every couple of days??

4. Skwyre7

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Some things are more important than work. :D

5. PHanna

PHanna Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JimboK @ May 3 2007, 08:56 AM) [snapback]434647[/snapback]</div>
    Don't get too excited about meeting me! I will be there, however, bald and 48, and in my Prius I got on Monday! Look forward to putting some names and faces together.
    These forums are great and I appreciate all the help you have been to me, already.

6. Skwyre7

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Bald just means less hair resistance when you drive with the window down. :lol:

UPDATE: I'll be at Haley by 10:00am (earlier if the Starbucks line is short :D). We'll get things started about 10:30am. We'll have an area set up for us to gather. There will be a mechanic available for about 45 minutes to answer questions. The sales manager will also be on hand for non-technical questions. I'll try to remember to get some name tags and a marker so we can remember who is who.

7. HAFNHAF

HAFNHAF New Member

i will try to make it up from willyburg. if you dont mind an Insight, that is... ;)

just to verify, this is the haley toyota on Lonas parkway, right?

8. JimboK

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Hey, HAFNHAF, we'd be delighted to have you! Do you think a Toyota dealer will let you in, though? :) And don't brag too much about your fuel economy figures; the rest of us don't want to look bad! :lol:

Yes, it is the Haley location on Lonas Pkwy. If you're not familiar with the area, it's right off US 360 (Hull St. Rd.) just east of the Rt. 288 interchange. You can see the dealership from 360.

9. HAFNHAF

HAFNHAF New Member

ok, i'll just park it on the street. :( how far away? ;)

as for mpgs, i have to make a bunch of extra trips to carry those extra passengers, so it evens out...

10. JimboK

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    We had a great gathering yesterday, with me and other PC members Skwyre7, Green Hokie, EarthCare (all the way from Atlanta), HAFNHAF (in his Insight -- and yes they let him on the property), and his son. In addition there was PC non-member-but-lurker Eric (Eric, let us know when you sign up here), PriusOnline member Snake Puncess, and non-member of any forum (yet) Barb. Barb found out about it through a friend at the TV station we contacted (but that didn't participate). She had never heard of PC. Can you believe it?? She has now! Also there was a very helpful and accomodating Mike Davis, sales rep from Haley Toyota, and a Haley Prius tech (sorry, missed his name).

We had great discussions on fuel economy, mods, accessories, tech issues, etc. Most of us went to lunch together, and then Michael and I did fuel mileage driving clinics for EarthCare, Green Hokie, and Eric. EarthCare has already posted some amazing results. Congratulations!

Here's a pic (I stole yours, Michael):
    [attachmentid=7881]
    Front row (left to right): Eric, EarthCare, Skwyre7, Snake Puncess, Green Hokie
    Back Row (left to right): HAFNHAF's son, me, HAFNHAF
    Not Pictured: Barb (who had to leave early), the Prius tech (who had to get back to work), and Mike Davis (who had to take the picture)

Again, you Virginians start looking in your calendars for dates in September or October to do it again. Let's double our numbers!! And don't forget, we're aiming for FireEngineer to make the trip as a special guest.

Attached Files:

11. Skwyre7

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    I have a couple more pictures.

Here are most of the cars lined up:
    [​IMG]

And here is proof that Jim has pictures too:
    [​IMG]
    I don't know why he had to steal mine. :lol:

12. Green Hokie

Green Hokie Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Many thanks to JimboK and Skwyre7 for taking the time to set-up our first Central Virginia Prius Meeting. I enjoyed meeting everyone and sharing our experiences, while learning a little more about my Prius. A special thanks to Skwyre7 for the hypermiling driving lesson. If it weren't for all the chores I need to do today, I'd be out driving my Prius right now! :p

13. FireEngineer

FireEngineer Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Great beginning everyone, congrats. While you were meeting, Tony and I were plotting our Chicago meet-up for May 20th. When you get a date for the fall post it so I can beat NASCAR to the hotel rooms. And you all better get your block heaters to make it worth my while. ;)

Wayne

14. evrabel

evrabel New Member

I also want to thank JimboK and Skwyre7 for putting together the first of hopefully many Central Virginia Prius Meetups. I had a great time and learned some new things about my Precious, I mean, Prius. And thanks to JimboK for the Pulse & Glide lesson. You guys even convinced me to set up an account on Priuschat!
    I posted some pictures from the meetup here:
    http://flickr.com/photos/evrabel/tags/priusmeetupspring2007/
    All of the pictures are of cars, not people, which probably says something about my personality. :)
    Also, here are a few links that I picked up while at the meetup:
    http://john1701a.com/ (make sure to download the User Guide)
    http://www.cleanmpg.com/forums/articles/t-...m-fe--1224.html (Guide on hypermiling)
    http://www.vaistech.com/ (XMRadio adapter)

Eric

15. JimboK

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Hey, Eric, welcome to PC! Thanks for linking the pics. I don't blame you for excluding people from them; the cars are far prettier (notable exceptions: Barb and Bonnie). :)

16. Skwyre7

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JimboK @ May 7 2007, 12:20 PM) [snapback]436886[/snapback]</div>
    A-hem. :angry: :lol:

17. ystasino

ystasino Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    September :eek: I'll be in Greece for my brother's wedding from Sept th onwards