1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Central Virginia Prius Meetup: 9/29/07 (Confirmed)

Discussion in 'Local Clubs, Events, and Road Trips' started by JimboK, Aug 23, 2007.

1. JimboK

JimboK One owner, low mileage

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Come one, come all, from all across Virginia and beyond! Time, location, and agenda are TBA. Skwyre7 and I are meeting next week to plan further. We wanted to get the date to you ASAP so you can mark your calendar.

A major potential attraction is the EBH Installation Mobile Road Show and Cool Stuff about the Hybrid Battery Extravaganza brought to you by FireEngineer. He can't commit yet, though, until he finishes his West Coast swing. So stay tuned here for updates. Meanwhile, the rest of you locals have my permission to exert some gentle long distance persuasion. :D

Other possibilities are a Prius driving clinic and a presentation on Prius basics for the general public -- things that many here take for granted but the more typical Prius driver may not know. It may be in the form of a PowerPoint show, a round table discussion, or a combination. We're hoping we can get some promotion from local dealerships and media.

If any of you from out of town have an area of special interest you'd like to make a presentation on, we'd love to welcome you as another special VIP guest. I can't offer much in return except a free meal and a beer or four. I don't have the facilities to offer an overnight room (I rent a single room); maybe one of the other locals can.

Finally, I'm thinking of a "members only" (i.e., non-general public) late afternoon or early evening informal social event like a cookout, if someone wants to host it. My fiancee's house would be a good venue, but I guess I should ask her first. ;)

I'll post updates here. Meanwhile, if anyone thinks they might attend, post here so we can start to get an approximate head count.

2. Errel

Errel New Member

I am very interested. Looking forward to meeting other happy Prius owners. I will keep an eye on this forum.
    I live in Sterling VA. :)

3. hobbit

hobbit Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I tried to convince a semi-local friend to go, but she's got a
    performance [community theatre] that night.
    _H*

4. Green Hokie

Green Hokie Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Jim,

I may be going up to Blacksburg to see the Tech/UNC game that Saturday. Won't know for sure until mid-Sept. I'll post an update as soon as I have a confirmation.

5. morpheusx

morpheusx Professor Chaos

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I'm interested too, although I live in Ohio, I routinely visit Virginia as my wife's parents live about half way between the beach and Richmond. If I am in town it may be a good excuse to go out and get some fresh atmosphere while visiting.

6. goldprius

goldprius New Member

Thank you for potentially setting this up.

I would love to come (of course, if free from other responsibilties).

So, give us all enough advance notice so this can be on the first reserved list!

7. MaxLegroom

MaxLegroom Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I'd like to be there, too. Let me know...

8. evrabel

evrabel New Member

I went to the last Central Virginia Prius Meetup and had a great time. I would encourage everyone to attend. Unfortunately, my sister is getting married on the 29th. :`-( I don't think that I can get out of her wedding (should I be thinking about doing so?).
    Also, I had a couple of ideas about promoting the event:
    1. Setting up a website for the Central VA Prius Meetup. Meetup.org (http://prius.meetup.com/) would be a good site but it's not free. Yahoo groups (http://groups.yahoo.com/) would also work.
    2. Printing up fliers and hanging them up at appropriate locations around Central VA.

9. Skwyre7

Skwyre7 What's the catch?

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    We will be in contact with local dealerships soon. We'll be asking 1) if they'll host, and 2) if they'll send out a mailer to Prius (and other hybrid) purchasers.

It's great to see that there are so many people interested!

Any other ideas?

10. Skwyre7

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    I took this tidbit from here:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(FireEngineer @ Aug 30 2007, 11:32 AM) [snapback]504311[/snapback]</div>
    Wayne, is this a definite? Or definite enough that Jim and I can make plans accordingly?

11. nyconrad

nyconrad Cconrad in Virginia

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I just got back from looking at some golf course property in Powhatan. It looks like we'll be making the move down to VA in 1 - 1 1/2 years. I'll be looking forward to meeting all of you then.

12. Skwyre7

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    We'll only allow it if you can get us a few tee times. :lol:

13. unruhly

unruhly New Member

Keep me posted! I'm in Lynchburg.

14. raintree

raintree New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Skwyre7 @ Aug 30 2007, 02:15 PM) [snapback]504404[/snapback]</div>
    I'd love to come and have the EBH installed, I've preordered on the group buy. I live in Henrico.

15. Skwyre7

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Keep an eye on this thread. Updates will be posted here first. Or at the very least, a quick second. :lol:

16. GreenGene

GreenGene New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    As I've mentioned in another thread, I am VERY interested! Wherever you guys decide to have it, just let me know where and when and I'll be there. :)

17. tekn0wledg

tekn0wledg New Member

You can count me in. I'm anxiously awaiting the event.

Now if only I can purchase an EBH from someone before then.... metrotpn is out of stock :(

18. FireEngineer

FireEngineer Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Skwyre7 @ Aug 30 2007, 11:00 AM) [snapback]504326[/snapback]</div>
    Yep.

Wayne

19. Bob64

Bob64 Sapphire of the Blue Sky

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm interested.

20. GreenGene

GreenGene New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I recall reading that the "group buy" EBHs that were going to be shipped to individuals west of the Mississippi were shipped to Wayne instead, if those individuals had made it known that Wayne was going to be paying them an EBH visit on his western tour.

Does anyone know if this is happening on Wayne's eastern tour?

And if the answer is yes, who in Virginia is keeping track of the people (like me) who have said they are interested in participating?

Many thanks.

EDIT: Never mind. I see on yet another thread that the EBHs have been shipped to all "east of the Mississippi" customers, so we'll each have our own when we show up for the group install.