1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Central Virginia Prius Meetup: 9/29/07 (Confirmed)

Discussion in 'Local Clubs, Events, and Road Trips' started by JimboK, Aug 23, 2007.

1. Family Hybrid

Family Hybrid Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GreenGene @ Sep 1 2007, 12:58 PM) [snapback]505455[/snapback]</div>
    I would have liked to go, but I will be returning from St. Louis on the 29th. Keep me posted though, I would be interested if the 29th doesn't happen.

2. Birdums

Birdums You, me, and da Pri

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JimboK @ Aug 23 2007, 01:29 PM) [snapback]501072[/snapback]</div>
    I'll be there, EBH in hand (or hatch)! I have a 5-6 hour drive, so I'll need to know what time to be there (and where 'there' is), to plan ahead. I want to be able to let DuPree cool off so he won't burn Wayne's talented fingers.

3. Bob64

Bob64 Sapphire of the Blue Sky

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Heh. This will be interesting. But yeah, requesting more details!

4. JimboK

JimboK One owner, low mileage

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    We're still hammering out details, but we should have them posted within a day or two.

Note the title: "Tentative" has been changed to "Confirmed."

5. Essayons

Essayons Essayons

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JimboK @ Sep 11 2007, 07:40 AM) [snapback]510517[/snapback]</div>

Sounds good. 29th? I will be there. At Haley Toyota? Formal or casual :D

6. JimboK

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Essayons @ Sep 11 2007, 08:05 AM) [snapback]510521[/snapback]</div>
    White tie, of course! ;)

Not sure about Haley yet. Skwyre7 is trying to reach his contact there.

7. FireEngineer

FireEngineer Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JimboK @ Sep 11 2007, 07:45 AM) [snapback]510537[/snapback]</div>
    Oh gee, now I'll have to drag the Tux from the closet.

Wayne

8. Skwyre7

Skwyre7 What's the catch?

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    My contact at Haley hasn't been at work when I've gone by. I also had company, so my opportunities to go by were limited. I hope to get in touch with him today.

9. JimboK

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    OK, we're inching closer to finalized plans. This is a list of who has at least expressed interest:
    • JimboK
    • Skwyre7
    • tekn0wledg
    • Errel
    • Green Hokie
    • morpheusx
    • goldprius
    • MaxLegroom
    • unruhly
    • raintree
    • GreenGene
    • Bob64
    • You me and da Pri
    • Essayons
    • Mick (from Wayne's thread)
    • And of course, FireEngineer!
    Looks like a pretty good crowd! For those of you who first posted a "maybe," if you know your plans better by now please let me know.

We have a tentative agenda assembled. Things will start in early afternoon. Exact start times for each segment, their sequence, and their locations are still being worked out, but here is what we're looking at doing:
    • Meet and greet
    • Wayne's presentation on the hybrid battery
    • Open discussion on the car, driving technique, mods, etc.
    • EBH installs
    • Prius fuel economy driving clinics
    • Cookout, if the interest is there
    Regardless of where we start, we will end up at Ironbridge Park as a staging point for the driving clinics. The actual clinic will be through the industrial park adjacent to Chesterfield Airport. It's a good road for the clinic: pretty flat, about 2½ miles, lightly traveled, mostly 4 lanes. It's part of my regular commute, where I routinely get 80-90 MPG on the segment.

If you folks want, we can also book a shelter and do a cookout at the park. The shelter rental cost is $45. I can front the money for the shelter and food, but I would ask participants for contributions to split the cost. Nothing fancy on the food, just something like burgers and chips. Please let me know ASAP if you want to do this. The shelters are booking quickly.

Wherever we start (Haley, for example), I hope we can have a conference room where Wayne can do his presentation. Wayne can then do the EBH installs there (wherever "there" ends up being, if acceptable to the host), or at the park. If he does them at the park, then that process can run simultaneously with the driving clinic and cookout (if we do it). We just have to make sure that whatever cars get the EBH have time to cool before he does the installation. Wayne, what are your thoughts on these options?

To cap off the evening, for those interested, we can head to one of the local watering holes for your favorite adult beverage. ;)

Looking forward to meeting all you great folks!

10. JimboK

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    OK, we're inching closer to finalized plans. This is a list of who has at least expressed interest:
    • JimboK
    • Skwyre7
    • tekn0wledg
    • Errel
    • Green Hokie
    • morpheusx
    • goldprius
    • MaxLegroom
    • unruhly
    • raintree
    • GreenGene
    • Bob64
    • You me and da Pri
    • Essayons
    • Mick (from Wayne's thread)
    • And of course, FireEngineer!
    Looks like a pretty good crowd! For those of you who first posted a "maybe," if you know your plans better by now please let me know.

We have a tentative agenda assembled. Things will start in early afternoon. Exact start times for each segment, their sequence, and their locations are still being worked out, but here is what we're looking at doing:
    • Meet and greet
    • Wayne's presentation on the hybrid battery
    • Open discussion on the car, driving technique, mods, etc.
    • EBH installs
    • Prius fuel economy driving clinics
    • Cookout, if the interest is there
    Regardless of where we start, we will end up at Ironbridge Park as a staging point for the driving clinics. The actual clinic will be through the industrial park adjacent to Chesterfield Airport. It's a good road for the clinic: pretty flat, about 2½ miles, lightly traveled, mostly 4 lanes. It's part of my regular commute, where I routinely get 80-90 MPG on the segment.

If you folks want, we can also book a shelter and do a cookout at the park. The shelter rental cost is $45. I can front the money for the shelter and food, but I would ask participants for contributions to split the cost. Nothing fancy on the food, just something like burgers and chips. Please let me know ASAP if you want to do this. The shelters are booking quickly.

Wherever we start (Haley, for example), I hope we can have a conference room where Wayne can do his presentation. Wayne can then do the EBH installs there (wherever "there" ends up being, if acceptable to the host), or at the park. If he does them at the park, then that process can run simultaneously with the driving clinic and cookout (if we do it). We just have to make sure that whatever cars get the EBH have time to cool before he does the installation. Wayne, what are your thoughts on these options?

To cap off the evening, for those interested, we can head to one of the local watering holes for your favorite adult beverage. ;)

Looking forward to meeting all you great folks!

11. FireEngineer

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    As long as the car is cool, I can install them anywhere in any weather.

Wayne

12. FireEngineer

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    As long as the car is cool, I can install them anywhere in any weather.

Wayne

13. JimboK

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(FireEngineer @ Sep 12 2007, 09:23 AM) [snapback]511202[/snapback]</div>
    How long of a cool-down time does it need?

14. JimboK

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(FireEngineer @ Sep 12 2007, 09:23 AM) [snapback]511202[/snapback]</div>
    How long of a cool-down time does it need?

15. tekn0wledg

tekn0wledg New Member

Sounds great JimboK!

I'm definitely planning on attending, hopefully with my EBH in hand. I ordered a second one from another site that Wayne recommended. I have to receive either of them, but I am hopeful at least one of them will be here by the 29th.

As for the cookout, I'll chip in if others are interested in doing that.

16. tekn0wledg

tekn0wledg New Member

Sounds great JimboK!

I'm definitely planning on attending, hopefully with my EBH in hand. I ordered a second one from another site that Wayne recommended. I have to receive either of them, but I am hopeful at least one of them will be here by the 29th.

As for the cookout, I'll chip in if others are interested in doing that.

17. GreenGene

GreenGene New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    This all sounds great to me! Yes for the 29th - wherever and whenever is fine with me. Cookout sounds like fun - I'd be happy to contribute $$ towards it. But probably not a local watering hole for me ... still gotta drive back home up 95. :) Got my EBH last week, so I'm ready!

18. GreenGene

GreenGene New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    This all sounds great to me! Yes for the 29th - wherever and whenever is fine with me. Cookout sounds like fun - I'd be happy to contribute $$ towards it. But probably not a local watering hole for me ... still gotta drive back home up 95. :) Got my EBH last week, so I'm ready!

19. FireEngineer

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JimboK @ Sep 12 2007, 08:36 AM) [snapback]511211[/snapback]</div>
    If your doing some good pulse & glide, about 10-15 minutes. From a highway drive, maybe an hour. If we have access to electric then a fan can be used to hasten the cooling. If the outside temps are cool then a little less time.

Wayne

20. FireEngineer

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JimboK @ Sep 12 2007, 08:36 AM) [snapback]511211[/snapback]</div>
    If your doing some good pulse & glide, about 10-15 minutes. From a highway drive, maybe an hour. If we have access to electric then a fan can be used to hasten the cooling. If the outside temps are cool then a little less time.

Wayne