1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Change at Energy

Discussion in 'Environmental Discussion' started by bwilson4web, Nov 7, 2020.

1. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Source: Trump quietly demotes his top energy regulator as election count drags on - CNN

New York (CNN Business)In the aftermath of the election, President Donald Trump quietly demoted the nation's top federal energy regulator — a move that the regulator says may be retribution for his support of clean energy.

As most Americans were focused on the election cliffhanger, the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission announced Thursday evening that Trump had replaced Neil Chatterjee, the agency's chairman.
    I think this was done by lower-level staffers in the White House who, in a wild time, saw an opportunity to send a message and took it. And that's totally fine."

Chatterjee has recently backed policies that support electric vehicles, rooftop solar and other clean energy solutions. Trump, by contrast, has fiercely backed coal . . .

Why am I not surprised.

Bob Wilson

2. tochatihu

tochatihu Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    I had not noticed this. There are several media pieces fleshing out the story but I am disinclined to play favorites. Some of them seem gratuitously nasty.

Chatterjee's replacement Danly is unlikely to have long tenure.

Chatterjee may get 'rehabilitated' in coming months. I'd personally like the idea of a former Mitch McConnell aide 'in the room' when important discussions happen. Just an opinion.

bwilson4web likes this.