1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Change background color on Front Emblem

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by Boston Jim, Feb 23, 2015.

1. Boston Jim

Boston Jim Active Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I came across a post, but can't find it again, by someone who scanned in the blue badge background then used photoshop to change the color and printed out a bunch to try. If any one knows this post or has a copy of the scanned background and is willing to share I would be very thankful.

Any suggestions on how I would go about protecting this paper? I'm thinking some self adhesive clear vinyl over the top. But not sure if this would work. I'm looking to match my license plate frames.

Thanks

2. afob3

afob3 Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
  3. Boston Jim

Boston Jim Active Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Ha, Thank you, not sure how I missed that post from last night, I thought I had looked through that post already today. Not the exact post I was looking for, but it is the same person who posted earlier :).

Thanks @afob3

4. Starbrand

Starbrand Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    What did you do to ur Gen III Prius today???? | Page 286 | PriusChat

I am still testing out my methods. There is an issue where the glossy 80lb photopaper distorts under bad weather conditions. I had red, orange, green and carbon fiber print-outs, but each only lasted about 3-4 weeks each due to paper fading, warping, and easy scratches. I have tried the following:

40lb matte paper
    bristol board
    80b matte photo paper
    80lb glossy photo paper
    80lb glossy photo paper w/clear outdoor protector spray

Below, you can see my emblems that were tested from mid dec-early feb. notice the salt damage, water distortion, color fade:
    [​IMG]

Your clear vinyl idea might work, my next test is actually laminating new 80lb glossy prints at work sometime this week and testing its durability. Midwest weather hasnt been kind to us, but has provided pretty significant endurance tests for these backings ;)

EDIT: got your PM, emailing you a scanned file now!

#4 Starbrand, Feb 23, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2015
  5. Boston Jim

Boston Jim Active Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Thank you very much - I was writing the PM when you replied to this post :). I just got the email. Looks great. The weather hasn't been kind over here as well, if you do try the laminating or figure out anything that works for you please let me know.

Thanks again!

Starbrand likes this.