1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Change dates on driving records?

Discussion in 'Prius c Technical Discussion' started by Yojimbo, Sep 17, 2017.

1. Yojimbo

Yojimbo New Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius c
    Model:
    Persona
    After driving our new 2016 Prius C for three months, I realized the dealership had only set the TIME in the car computer. The DATE setting on the car computer was at factory zero of 2015.

When I set the correct current date in 2017, the car computer thinks those 90 driving records are from years ago. So they don't show on the mileage records displayed by the MFD.

Is there any way to access those records and correct the dates so they show up in the right year?

2. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Welcome. If you don't mind:

SATX = San Antonio, Texas, USA?

Also, if I search the 2012 Prius c Owner's Manual (pdf) for "driving record" I get no results. Is there a better term? I see "past record", on page 40.

#2 Mendel Leisk, Sep 17, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2017
    RCO likes this.
  3. Elektroingenieur

Elektroingenieur Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    You might try setting the date back to 2015; if the information hasn’t already been purged from the computer’s memory, it might be displayed again, so you could make a note of it for future reference.

As far as I know, the fuel consumption history is created only by driving, and the user interface doesn’t allow it to be edited, only cleared entirely. That said, in principle, it may be possible to retrieve or alter the stored data by reverse engineering one or more of the car’s electronic control units. Unless someone has already done this and published the details, it wouldn’t be a trivial undertaking, however.

RCO likes this.
  4. Yojimbo

Yojimbo New Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius c
    Model:
    Persona
    Yes, I'm from San Antonio.

You are right -- "Past Record" is the more accurate term. When I display that Personal Best screen on the MFD all the dates its shows are in 2015. Which is before the car was built. Since the Monthly Average only shows 1 year average it does not include about half of the past records for my 6 month old car.

I could reset all those past records using the MFD.

I want to EDIT some of them to correct the dates.

5. Prodigyplace

Prodigyplace Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Since it only displays for one year they may have been deleted when the year was corrected. Changing it back may tell, at the risk of losing your 2017 records.