1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Change of colors in Energy Monitor screen

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by akonstam, Sep 16, 2007.

1. akonstam

akonstam New Member

For as long as we owned our Prius when watching the Energy monitor the engine activities are brownish red lines and motor/generator actions show as yello lines. Suddenly this week periodically the yellow lines show up as light green.
    What does this mean? Does it indicate something worth checking?

Aaron Konstam

2. 8AA

8AA Active Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Thats normal. Yellow indicates that power is going to the motor and green shows that the motor is acting as a generator and sending power back to the battery.

3. akonstam

akonstam New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(8AA @ Sep 16 2007, 09:21 AM) [snapback]513292[/snapback]</div>
    That is interesting since I was watching the Energy Monitor on a long trip for a good while and I never saw the green lines before this week.

4. PriuStorm

PriuStorm Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    You can observe the arrow on the line as well... When the arrow is pointing towards the wheels, the arrow is yellow. But if you are coasting with your foot off the accelerator (like to a light or down a hill), the electric engine acts as a generator as the above poster said, the line turns color and you will notice the arrow on the line is pointing to the battery.

5. Scully

Scully Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    So I'm stopped I noticed today the yellow light was on. I was able to get blue light and no light. Question is what to I want more of. THE Blue charging battery indicator, foot barely touching gas pedal and yellow light is on. Or no lights. I put 2.76 gallons have gone 75miles and I've used up 3 bars. It is frustrating

6. dolj

dolj Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    If I understand your question correctly (which I have to admit I am struggling to make sense of your post) the answer is no lights.

However, it depends on the context.