1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Change when will it come

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by oldasdust, Dec 1, 2011.

1. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Through alchemy, no. But in another way, we already do. I bet tourism has brought more money into gold rush areas in Alaska and Yukon than was ever extracted in gold.

2. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I recommend the Jack London novel, A Daughter of the Snows. A few gold miners (very few) hit it rich, but the reliable way to make money from the gold rush was to sell supplies to the prospectors.

3. ggood

ggood Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I test drove a Leaf last weekend. The first sales guy I saw immediately took me to another guy that was the designated Leaf salesman. He was extremely knowledgable about the car and the charging devices, etc. He had even gone to the trouble of renting a Prius so he would understand the differences. Needless to say, that dealer would likely get my business if I decided to buy one.

4. AussieOwner

AussieOwner Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    In my experience, sales people who actually take some time to understand what they are selling are the people I want to talk to. However, we here at Prius Chat are people that want to understand what it is we are buying. This is not a common thing among the car buyers. Most people are not into the technology - they want a nice car that performs for them and fits into a budget range.

My wife has no interest in any of the technology - she wants a car that makes her stand out among her community. When we were shopping for a new car, she wanted a Merc, or a BMW or a Jaguar, because a lot of her friends had these types of cars. I have always been anti these vehicles because of the cost of maintenance of them, so I had to sell her on the Prius as something that was different, and being more green that the average car, was a something very different from the run of the mill cars.

I was lucky that the Toyota salesman picked up on my sales pitch to my wife and also promoted the car - he really did not know much about the car - I knew more from my research, but he could sell the "prestige".

5. Pinto Girl

Pinto Girl New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm actually really interested in the Leaf, but need about 150 miles of reliable, real-world range between charges, before it'd work for me.

I hope it won't be too much longer.

6. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    A base model Tesla Model S would fit your needs nicely.

7. Pinto Girl

Pinto Girl New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    You know, I was thinking the same thing.

8. Corwyn

Corwyn Energy Curmudgeon

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    We can make gold. The process is a bit more expensive than digging it up though.

My sweetie got a [ame=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tsavorite]Tsavorite - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame] for agreeing to marry me. Very unusual, very green, not nearly as expensive (or fragile) as emeralds, no artificial stones available for fraud.

on topic: If a salesman said that to me I would be tempted to say something like "you sell crummy cars here? Guess I'll go somewhere else. Bye."