1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Changed inverter coolant pump - now nothing

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by Richard Finley, Oct 13, 2021.

1. Richard Finley

Richard Finley New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    II
    2009 Prius with 127,000 miles on it. My daughter was driving it and the red triangle, brake system light, vsc light, and check engine light all came on. She was close to home, so she drove it home. She checked for turbulance in the inverter coolant when it was running and saw none. I drove it on the trailer and took it home. Drove it into the shop, changed the pump and tried to start it. All I get now is the hybrid system warning light flashing. I cannot get it to stop flashing. I disconnected the 12V battery for a few minutes - still no start and same light flashing. I have no idea what to try next. Need help.

2. Richard Finley

Richard Finley New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Never mind ---- Fixed. I let it sit for about 1/2 hour with the battery disconnected and all is well. No lights and runs fine.

bisco likes this.
  3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    well done!(y)

4. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    The error codes from those warning lights may of been cleared from memory by what you did, but odds are they'll be back soon. Consider keeping one of these in the glove box: Hybrid battery diagnostic and repair tool for Toyota and Lexus

Once you have one you can use Dr. Prius app to check and clear error codes when the warning lights come back on and we can help you figure out best approach to repairs.