1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Changing factory radio

Discussion in 'Prius c Audio and Electronics' started by RobertJones324, May 10, 2015.

1. RobertJones324

RobertJones324 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    N/A
    I have a 2015 prius c with navigation, Bluetooth, back up camera, and some main car settings that all are accessible from factory radio. If I put a after market radio in it will I loose all of it or can I keep everything?

2. kingnba6

kingnba6 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    You will lose the navigation. If you buy a radio capable of navigation then it will still work. Bluetooth also depends on the radio. Backup cam should be able to work but you will have to play around with the wiring. There might be an adapter available to do the wiring conversion. The ability to change the car settings will be lost. You will also need an adapter to keep the usb and aux in and also need an adapter to keep the steering wheel controls.

Why do you want to change the radio?

3. RobertJones324

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    N/A
    I was having trouble hooking up my amp to my factory radio I was needing to find a wiring diagram for it someone on here found one for a 07 prius but its not right. I was needing to no what the rear speaker color wires are and alse a ground and a wire I can use for my remote for my amp

4. kingnba6

kingnba6 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    Here is the radio wiring behind the radio.

[​IMG]

The rear speakers are colored white and red for the right side and black and yellow for the left side.

You can also get a negative connection from the radio too, but I would advise you to get it directly from the battery or a location near the amp. If you are placing the amp under the seat, then you can use the bolts that attach the seat rails for the body. I think some have also used the seat belt screw.

The remote wire for the amp can be the ACC wire going to the radio, red wire. This means the amp will turn on anytime the car is ON.

Hope it helps.

This is for the first gen Prius C, 2012 to 2014 but the 2015 should be pretty much the same.

PLSPUSH likes this.
  5. RobertJones324

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks so much this will help a lot

6. Motov8r

Motov8r Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Those are the same as the 2007 prius. Toyota doesn't change. Definitely easier to see in the image above since it is matched to the plug location. If your amp cannot take speaker level input you'll need a converter to RCA.

iPhone ?

7. kingnba6

kingnba6 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    Make sure your amp accepts high level inputs. If it only takes RCA cable, then you would need to buy and install a wire converter.

8. Jerald Moralez

Jerald Moralez New Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius c
    Model:
    I
    Is this for the Prius C? I have the one model and was trying to add a line out converter for my slim under seat sun amp combo.

9. Leadfoot J. McCoalroller

Leadfoot J. McCoalroller Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    That chart shows the basic "all-Toyota" connectors and their pinouts.

Most modern Toyotas have these two connectors plus several others- but this chart will show you the basics anyway.

Note that on a c One there will only be front speakers, no rears installed.

kingnba6 likes this.