1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Changing from standard on/off headlights to automatic headlights

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by jeffc1031, Apr 12, 2017.

1. jeffc1031

jeffc1031 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Is there a way to convert my 2015 Prius standard headlights on/off to automatic headlights? Was wondering if the wiring is already there, and maybe just have to change switch? Dash sensor the same...

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

Markdizle likes this.
  2. ETC(SS)

ETC(SS) The OTHER One Percenter.....

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    There is a way.....and there's even a pre-installed photo-sensor on your dash.
    I saw a write-up in this forum somewhere detailing what's needed, and I've always been mystified that Toyota didn't make this feature standard back in 2000.

My Prius is a work car, and my personal cars already have automatic lights, so I had (and have) no incentive to go plundering in the car's wiring,even though I'm pretty sure that I can do it from what I remember reading.

You can probably find a way to pay it done.
    I'm not sure however that I would want to pay somebody to go into my wiring with sharp objects and electrical tape.

What I do is just leave my light switch on all the time.
    They extinguish themselves automatically after I've been parked for a bit (60 seconds?) and they come back on when I boot the car back up.
    This way....I have a zero percent chance of being one of "those Prius drivers" stumbling along in evening traffic after sunset with the lights off.

Do a search under the G3 maintenance section Waaaaaaaaay back in 2010 or 2011 (??) and you'll see the article.

Good Luck!

jeffc1031 and Markdizle like this.