1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Changing Interior Dash Light Color

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by socalprius31, Oct 7, 2013.

1. socalprius31

socalprius31 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    This is my first post here. I just bought a 2010 Prius lll. I saw a video on youtube where all his dash lights for all the buttons were blue. Now he did have, I believe, a 2012 or 2013. He had changed the map and door lights to LEDs but didn't say if he changed the dash lights. Is it possible to change the dash button lights to a different color? If so, how difficult? I am pretty handy and do most all my own work on my past vehicles. Thank for the help.

2. andino

andino Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    You'd need to replace the surface mount leds to do it. Its possible to do and I've done it on past cars but I don't know of anyone who has attempted it with the 3rd gen.

3. Jonny Zero

Jonny Zero Giggidy

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Blue is a poor color. I have messed with Ford's with MyColor. Blue causes a lot of strain on my eyes, they look fuzzy in the dark. Red is much easier on the eyes.

Weight your options before you go through the trouble.

4. socalprius31

socalprius31 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    On the car you did in the past, were they just located under the plastics? I was actually thinking of making the color red. My car color is the winter grey, so I thought that red accents would look good.

5. andino

andino Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Yeah they're just soldered to the pcb board. You'll need to do a resistor mod too for most colors other than red I think. If you just swap the leds then they'll be super dim without changing resistors. To do the swap, you have to remove the board from the car and do the work.