1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Charge Management Status Faster but Quirkier?

Discussion in 'Prime Main Forum (2017-2022)' started by mr88cet, Jan 21, 2018.

1. mr88cet

mr88cet Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Curiously, I’ve noticed the past couple days something interesting in the Charge-Management part of the iPhone app:

Historically, as the prompt warns, it has taken 1-2 minutes to update charge status when I hit the refresh button. Annoying, yes, but I can’t complain that it didn’t warn me.

Not in the past day or two, though: It’s been updating sometimes in as short as 1-2 seconds, rather than 1-2 minutes! The trick though is that it sometimes returns without actually updating the status. However, if I hit the refresh button a couple more times, it does update. Ultimately, the overall time to get a *valid* update seems quite a bit faster than the overall time it took before.

Have any of you seen anything like this too?

iPad ? Pro

HPrimeAdvanced and benagi like this.
  2. Mark57

Mark57 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR AWD

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    Android here. I think it's on their end again. It's seemed a bit quirky the last few days. It will either get better or a lot worse. If it gets worse, call the entune support contact number and start a ticket. Note, the other parts of the app suite are working fine for me. Just the Chrg Mgt is sort of "off."

HPrimeAdvanced likes this.
  3. mr88cet

mr88cet Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Gotcha. So, to clarify, all in all it’s better now than before. It’s returning almost immediately most of the time, rather than after a couple minutes. Now, true, sometimes it doesn’t actually update the status upon returning almost immediately, but it generally does after 2-3 tries. So, perhaps 10ish seconds to get an update instead of 1-2 minutes.

iPad ? Pro

#3 mr88cet, Jan 21, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2018
  4. mr88cet

mr88cet Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    So then, have you noticed any difference in update times, meaning response time after hitting the update button? How long does it take, and/or how long does it typically take, for updated battery status to show up on your Android device?

iPhone ? Pro

5. Mark57

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    It varies. 99% of the time when I open the Charge Mgmt app, it needs to be refreshed. Normally, it takes about 20-30 seconds. This morning, it took over two minutes. I had to bounce out to the Entune app suite home screen and come back in. When I did, it was updated. Something is wrong on their end again. I'm leaving in 5 minutes for a 500+ mile road trip so I'll be back on much later.

HPrimeAdvanced and mr88cet like this.
  6. mr88cet

mr88cet Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I gather you haven’t noticed any recent changes in how long it takes?

At my end, up until ... a week or two ago ... it would fairly consistently take well over a minute, but it recently changed to where it returns almost immediately, but doesn’t always actually update the status before it returns.

Anybody else seen any such a change?

iPhone ? Pro

7. Mark57

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    As of this morning, it seems to be back to normal.

8. mr88cet

mr88cet Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    That’s interesting, because right after I sent that question this morning, I tried it again, and indeed it was back to its usual, minute-or-more response time.

I gather what you’ve been seeing is that, for a while, it’s been taking *longer* than usual, true?

If so, that’s interesting because what I’ve been seeing the past week or two has been more or less the opposite: It was responding almost immediately, but not always in fact actually updating the information. Sometimes don’t have to hit it a 3-4 times before it would actually update. That, whereas historically, it’s taken a minute or two to respond.

iPhone ? Pro

#8 mr88cet, Jan 25, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2018
  9. Mark57

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    Right now, it takes about 16 seconds to update. This is what I have historically seen as normal. To me, it's fixed as of today.

Over the last week, it was having issues for me. Hitting refresh never returned updated info and would just spin waiting to refresh. To get it to update after taping refresh, I had to hit the back button to return to the main suite screen and then go back to it and the page would be updated. I no longer have to do this. It's fixed.

10. mr88cet

mr88cet Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Curious... In the same time frame, mine has behaved differently too, but differently different!

iPhone ? Pro

11. HPrimeAdvanced

HPrimeAdvanced Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Hi Mr. mr88cet, I just posted the new topic, "Entune Charge Managing". I have Android Samsung Galaxy S7, and my charge indicator, when prompted to refresh stopped doing so unless I exited the app and then went right back into the app. It had been taking about 23 seconds to refresh automatically in the past. I called Toyota support and they helped repair it. It seems to be a problem that is centered in the servers. Once I called them, Chris was able to get the repair performed in about 2 days. This happened to me back in April of 2017 and it took about the same amount of time to repair. They apparently rely on a third-party for management of this system. Hopefully if enough of us file our trouble reports, they will make a permanent fix to this problem.

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

mr88cet likes this.
  12. mr88cet

mr88cet Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Very interesting! As I alluded, my checks have historically taken a minute or more, as they are now, but for a week or so, they were coming back almost immediately. That, except that they didn’t always actually update the Information. During that short time, I’d often have to hit the refresh button 5 times before it actually did update. Then again, since it was coming back almost immediately, I was still coming out ahead time-wise!

iPhone ? Pro

#12 mr88cet, Jan 26, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2018
  13. mr88cet

mr88cet Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Yah know, looking at it again just now, I think it has started responding faster now than it historically has. I timed it just now at 33 seconds, whereas, again, historically, it has typically taken on the order of a minute or more.

iPhone ? Pro

#13 mr88cet, Jan 26, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2018
  14. williamhway

williamhway Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Drive carefully. Had a great time. Love you.

iPhone ?

15. Mark57

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    ????

Get a room.

16. Jayne K

Jayne K Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    iPhone user here. I was out of town for two weeks. Now I can't get this darn thing to work at all. Refresh doesn't work and I get no notice that it's charged like I did two weeks ago. What did you all do to fix your problem? Call support?

17. mr88cet

mr88cet Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I don’t think I did anything; it just changed all by itself.

18. Jayne K

Jayne K Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    I checked the status again this morning and it keeps spinning. After a 3 minutes it says it is unable to connect and retry.

19. benagi

benagi Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    No problem this evening. Working fine on my iPhone .

20. HPrimeAdvanced

HPrimeAdvanced Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Ms. Jayne K,
    Your location might be affected differently than others by Entune. Several of us put in calls to Toyota Corporate to report Entune problems. They usually resolved problems within a day or two. Also, your use of an iPhone should be mentioned when you call in; the brand and model may have some impact.

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.
    AChoiredTaste.com