1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

charged mileage gauge crazy

Discussion in 'Prime Fuel Economy & EV Range' started by CINQUIRY, May 10, 2022.

1. CINQUIRY

CINQUIRY Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    2020 PHEV, 1st time this is observed. charged mileage is drastically dropping, even without driving the mileage its has on meter. started at 16 miles, actually miles driven 7, end meter reading 3 ev miles left. any ideas why ????

2. john1701a

john1701a Prius Guru

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Welcome to the world of ESTIMATED electric range. Some call that instrument the "guess-o-meter", since it is nothing but an approximation based on recent driving data. That means if you drive differently or some influencing factor changes (like temperature), you'll get different results.

Start by watching the "mi/kWh" value to get more accurate estimates on your own. Fluctuation in that regard will be informative about how much the estimated electric range is influenced.

Salamander_King likes this.
  3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    sounds like you have a brake dragging or some such.

any idea what it was like last may?

4. john1701a

john1701a Prius Guru

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    If the car was older, I would focus on hardware... like a failing 12-volt battery. But with the variety of user/environment influences, it's best to start with that. After all, we don't have info about anything else... like MPG drop.

5. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    yes, more info please! :)

still, 10 miles is something to sneeze at. i'm getting 12 in my jalopy. maybe he's doing 90mph on the autobahn :p