1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

ChargePoint offer expired

Discussion in 'Prime Plug-in Charging' started by Michael Duchek, Mar 21, 2018.

1. Michael Duchek

Michael Duchek Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Hello, I recently bought a 2018 Prius Prime (Plus). I had heard about the ChargePoint offer, but didn't see anything in the vehicle about it. I then got a notice in the mail saying I got the $100/100 days offer for ChargePoint. But when I tried to use it (the directions said to use my VIN as a promo code), it didn't work, so I emailed ChargePoint. A few days later, I got this response

"Unfortunately Toyota's program was not extended to 2018 models so only 2017 models were eligible for the $100 for 100 days program that they were running. That is why you are seeing that VIN come back as invalid. We do invite you to keep using our stations as approximately 60% of ChargePoint stations are free by default."

So Toyota actually sent me something about the offer but ChargePoint says Toyota didn't actually extend it, so Toyota seems to have screwed up here. Just wanted to post so others are aware...

bisco likes this.
  2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    congrats, welcome and thanks! i would still contact toyota and the dealer.