1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Charging Apple Watch with Qi pad

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by MrMischief, Jan 11, 2017.

1. MrMischief

MrMischief Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    It doesn't work.

That's all.

My watch died on me at work today because I didn't charge it last night. At lunch I thought I'd try charging it on the Qi pad in the Prius. I got the qi pad to light up orange for a few seconds at a time then it'd go off. Even with the car sitting perfectly still this happened so I don't believe it was losing connection. I messed with it for about 15 minutes before giving up on it. The watch shows no increase in the battery level.

2. BLITZ XW50

BLITZ XW50 Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Would have been nice if it worked.

MrMischief likes this.
  3. liquidtenmillion

liquidtenmillion Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    The Apple Watch uses a proprietary version of qi with some extensions. Your Apple Watch charger will charge qi devices but not vice versa. The Apple Watch will only charge if it detects a specific voltage pairing sequence on the charger, standard qi chargers don't do this.

RCO likes this.
  4. cunnink2

cunnink2 Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I have the same problem trying to charge my Samsung GS7. It comes on, gives one burst, then disconnects. I do have an Ottebox case on my phone....