1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Charging cable - 2017 Prius Prime?

Discussion in 'Prime Plug-in Charging' started by JudahMyles, Sep 16, 2020.

1. JudahMyles

JudahMyles New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    I
    Just brought my 2017 Prius Prime home last night - and will admit i was not aware it could be plugged in until I started exploring. Newbie indeed.

In any case, a couple of questions:
    1. Is the charging cable included with new ones?
    2. If it is stored somewhere (strangeness with this car - like jack under front seat), where is it stored? that is is there a standard storage area? (like a hidden box withing the engine compartment)

I'm guessing I purchased it without a cable but before i go talk to the dealer I wanted to research it a bit.

Looks like a great site - will sure to be back!

Thanks in advance

2. Salamander_King

Salamander_King Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Yes, new Prius Prime comes with a portable 120v L1 EVSE (acronym used for Electric Vehicle Service Equipment) also know as a charge cord. If it's stored, it maybe in the under-deck storage at the very edge of the trunk area. But it is very likely that former owner did not return the OEM charge cord with the car.

If your used car dealer does not have one to give to you, you may have to purchase one. The new one from a Toyota dealer is something like $850, but you can find used one in eBay cheaper or buy non-OEM ones.

Part Number: G906047130

BTW, your jack should be under the rear seat. There is no storage compartments under the front seats.

#2 Salamander_King, Sep 16, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2020
    jerrymildred and Rodney.E like this.
  3. DavidA

DavidA Prius owner since July 2009

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Should be located in the very back of the rear deck, seen at 9 seconds in in the video.