1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Charging compartment smart lid lock missing?

Discussion in 'Prime Main Forum (2017-2022)' started by Bill196, Oct 31, 2018.

1. Bill196

Bill196 New Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    I've owned Priuses since 2006 and as a first Prius Prime Premium 2018 owner, I'm only three days old. I'm still trying to figure out what's where and how stuff works and it will probably take me the next big bunch of months to really understand the car. I live in a small town and when I park it wherever, I feel it makes sense to lock all things on the car that normally open such as the doors and fuel filler lid, etc.

Since this comes with a charging compartment lid and the premium trim comes with with the ability to lock the charging cable and the 2018 owner's manual says there is a related smart lid lock, I was surprised to find that there is no lock for this lid, smart or otherwise or any information about how to get it.

I am appealing for anyone older than me in terms of Prime ownership who could help me with information about this feature. Thanks in advance.

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    There is a lock on the charging port lid (See page 113 of your owner's manual). It is tied to the state of your car's door locks.

There is also a lock for the charging cable itself. There's a small black button below the ports that works similarly to your 06's SKS lock button. (You can also adjust the settings such that it can auto lock/unlock with the car's door locks as well. See the manual).

#2 Tideland Prius, Oct 31, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2018
  3. schja01

schja01 One of very few in Chicagoland

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Confused.
    If my car doors are locked and I don’t have the key fob on my person I can not open the charging door. It will open to a detent but that’s it. If I have the fob the charging door opens just by pressing on it per usual.

huskers likes this.
  4. Chazz8

Chazz8 Gadget Lover

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
  5. Priusking007

Priusking007 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Not sure where to post this. I was driving last night my 07 prius. And it completely died when I was cruising down the road. Dome light and headlights come on. No dash lights want start. Changed 12v battery and the 120v fuse and still dead

6. huskers

huskers Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Same here.

7. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Ahhh sorry. No you guys are right. There is a lock on the charging port lid. I will fix my post.