1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Charging fail, and cord light question

Discussion in 'Gen 1 Prius Plug-in 2012-2015' started by gallde, Oct 2, 2015.

1. gallde

gallde Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    My 2012 PIP has suddenly stopped charging - no connection light at the receptacle door, yet the power light on the charging cord is on. Connector firmly seated, and the handle switch clicks when I press the latch. Question: When I press the "test" button on the cord, the triangle with "!" lights up and there are three blinks of the power light. It stays off until I press reset. I know the "!" is OK (per manual), but what of the three blinks? Any easy way to test if the cord is continuous? I don't have the large pentalobe driver to disassemble the handle. Is the cord covered by my extended warranty?

2. se-riously

se-riously Active Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Have you tried charging via a public charging station or another cord to make sure that it's the cord and not a problem with the car?

srl99 likes this.
  3. gallde

gallde Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    That's a good idea. I assume if a 220v chargepoint works OK, that means my 110v should as well.

4. Redpoint5

Redpoint5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    What's the good news?

5. gallde

gallde Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    The car charged fine at a free public charging station in my village. I think the issue actually was a voltage drop to the outlet I plug the cable into at home. It started working again, so I'll keep an eye on it and report any further problems here. Anyone know if the charge cable is covered by the Toyota extended warranty?

6. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    i know it's covered by the regular warranty, so should be covered by extended.