1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Charging Prius Prime with Evgo

Discussion in 'Prime Technical Discussion' started by Leonard Enlow, Jun 13, 2019.

1. Leonard Enlow

Leonard Enlow New Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I have a problem with charging my Prius Prime with Evgo. I have tried two different locations and neither one would charge my Prius. I have set up an account and all that works but it would only charge for a few seconds and shut off. I have my car set up with a charging schedule that I use at home every day. Do I have to shut off the schedule before using a local charger?

Shaunius likes this.
  2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    You can do that or select “Charge now” when you turn off the car.

In the “Exit” or “Summary” screen on the 4.2” MID, use the steering wheel buttons to move left or right to get to the charging schedule screen. Select charge now.

If you have the 11.6” MFD in the centre of the car, then you can go into the charge schedule before you turn off the car and look for the soft button near the bottom of the page/screen labelled “Charge now”.

3. drash

drash Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Hey @"Leonard Enlow" welcome!

In your Entune app under Charge Management you can also click on charge now.

4. noonm

noonm Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Yup, if you have a charge schedule setup, you have to select "Charge Now" if you want to charge outside of that schedule. Sometimes when you plug it, it will automatically ask you on the dashboard, otherwise you have to go to the settings.

5. CharlesH

CharlesH CA HOV Decal #5 on former PiP

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    If it is hot out and I want to charge now, I plug it in and press the A/C button on my fob . This turns on the A/C for a little while, but also starts charging. Trouble is, you have to wait about 5 minutes after plugging in for this to work.