1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Charging schedule question

Discussion in 'Prime Main Forum (2017-2022)' started by Gianni I, Dec 28, 2017.

1. Gianni I

Gianni I Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    So I just picked up my Prius Prime Advance last night. Super excited about it. Was messing around with the the bells and whistles last night to try and get familiar with the car. I have a question on the charging schedule that I couldn't find an answer to in the manual.

I will be able to plug in at work once my boss puts an outlet in for me (about 2 weeks). In any rate, I currently only have a level 1 charger (that came supplied with the car) and I will be purchasing another one to keep with me for work. Does the charging schedule take into account that it will be plugged into a level 1 charging? Will it know when I set my schedule to leave work at 5:30 it needs to start charging at noon. Or does it think it's connected to a level 2 charger and start charging at 3 and leave me with a half battery? I looked in the manual and it didn't say anything about this.
    When I set up a charge schedule to test and I set my departure time it looked like it was only going to be charging for 2 hours which wouldn't charge enough.

Hope I'm explaining this correctly. I can test it out at my house but curious if anyone knew the answer.

2. priuscatprimeguy

priuscatprimeguy Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    yup, it knows the difference between level 1 and level 2, when I set my schedule for departure at 9:00 AM the next day for example it will finish charging about a half hour before the scheduled departure time. And I'm using level 1 (120 VAC) when you plug in the car the charging schedule electronics recalculates the time needed to charge to full

3. huskers

huskers Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Congrats on becoming a Primer.

priuscatprimeguy likes this.
  4. Gianni I

Gianni I Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime